Author Topic: Israeli minister calls for full Saudi ties and official Riyadh visit  (Read 510 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Israeli minister calls for full Saudi ties and official Riyadh visit
Intelligence minister Yisrael Katz has also invited King Salman to send new crown prince to Israel to establish mutual ties

Thursday 22 June 2017 12:14 UTC   Last update: Friday 23 June 2017 9:57 UTC

Senior Israeli ministers have called on Saudi Arabia’s King Salman to establish full diplomatic relations with Israel.

Speaking at the Herzliya conference on Thursday, Israel’s intelligence and transportation minister Yisrael Katz asked King Salman to invite Prime Minister Netanyahu to Riyadh and to send newly appointed Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to Tel Aviv in return.

"I call upon Salman, the King of Saudi, to invite the prime minister of Israel Netanyahu to visit Saudi Arabia," Katz said, at the annual gathering of Israeli political leaders and strategists.

"We saw what a wonderful host you can be... when President Trump was there. You can also send your heir, the new one, Prince Mohammed bin Salman. He's a dynamic person. He is an initiator. And he wants to break through.

"Exactly this way... they know who Iran is. They know we have to create an access vis-a-vis Iran. You can send him for a meeting in Israel and I promise you, he's going to be a very welcome guest."

Continued: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/israeli-ministers-saudi-king-invite-netanyahu-riyadh-1340877182

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Israeli minister calls for full Saudi ties and official Riyadh visit
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 02:09:29 am »
Why don't they just invite the Saudi King to Israel?

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:12:21 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 04:20:26 am »
Does the King visit anywhere?

Did he visit DC? I don't think so but the son did. The article shows they are inviting the son, the new heir to the throne to Israel.

"You can send him for a meeting in Israel and I promise you, he's going to be a very welcome guest."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 04:38:51 am »
Does the King visit anywhere?

Did he visit DC? I don't think so but the son did. The article shows they are inviting the son, the new heir to the throne to Israel.

"You can send him for a meeting in Israel and I promise you, he's going to be a very welcome guest."

Why not just do it and stop the game playing?