Author Topic: Neil Gorsuch’s first SCOTUS dissent has conservatives cheering: ‘It’s beautiful … Scalia without the edge’  (Read 718 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

BizPac
Scott Morefield
June 24, 2017

When newly-minted Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch joined originalist stalwart Clarence Thomas in a 7-2 dissent that reads like something the founders would have written, any conservatives who might have been concerned about Gorsuch somehow being another David Souter probably stopped worrying.

Follow
 Doc Hamilton @SupplySideLibrl
Reading the first Gorsuch dissent got me like 😍

https://twitter.com/JusticeWillett/status/878260729920593924
10:01 AM - 23 Jun 2017

Indeed, Gorsuch’s first dissent, penned almost two weeks after drafting his first majority opinion, offers fascinating insight into the new justice’s thought processes (hint: It’s a lot more Scalia than Souter).

The case, Perry v. Merit Systems Protection Board, dealt with the process behind the appeal of a federal census worker’s employment dispute.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/06/24/neil-gorsuchs-first-scotus-dissent-conservatives-cheering-beautiful-scalia-without-edge-506230
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

You don't know about people until you do and this is a good sign.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It'd've been better if it were a majority opinion, but still, a good sign.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It'd've been better if it were a majority opinion, but still, a good sign.

It will be, I believe, before the end of the first term. Trump only needs a few more of his people in there.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.