Author Topic: Big cases, retirement rumors as Supreme Court nears finish  (Read 429 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Big cases, retirement rumors as Supreme Court nears finish
« on: June 24, 2017, 07:46:45 pm »
By MARK SHERMAN, Associated Press
6/24/17

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court enters its final week of work before a long summer hiatus with action expected on the Trump administration's travel ban and a decision due in a separation of church and state case that arises from a Missouri church playground.

The biggest news of all, though, would be if Justice Anthony Kennedy were to use the court's last public session on Monday to announce his retirement.

More at AP:  http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/89ae8247abe8493fae24405546e9a1aa/Article_2017-06-24-US--Supreme%20Court/id-95872f15f4c447a6b0ef40a97014007e
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

Re: Big cases, retirement rumors as Supreme Court nears finish
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 08:50:00 pm »
A strict constructionist replacement for Kennedy would be a real godsend. It would really firm up the "conservative" majority on the court.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Big cases, retirement rumors as Supreme Court nears finish
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 11:08:20 pm »
Is Ginsberg still breathing? Did anyone check?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis