Author Topic: Supreme Court Limits Rights Of Property Owners  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Supreme Court Limits Rights Of Property Owners
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2017, 04:11:57 am »
   @Emjay as much as I love and respect your contributions here also, it's all relative and entirely based on our own unique Human experience/perspective.   

Thanks, @corbe.  I'll try to be in a better mood tomorrow.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2017, 05:23:12 am »
@INVAR may be a realist to you, but to me, he's like that creature in the Harry Potter books who drained all hope and happiness from the world.

There's not enough booze to make me think his posts are in any way realistic of helpful.

Well considering you don't want to hear anything biblical or too 'preachy' either, the real hope and happiness I have, is something you are disgusted with, ignore or find irritating.

So of course you would find nothing I post to be 'helpful'. You don't want to hear anything except smooth and easy things - just as Isaiah 30:9-11 describes.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2017, 09:15:56 am »
You have that exactly backwards.   Justice Roberts redefined the Democrats' penalty/fee (which is what the rats had been proclaiming it as) into a "tax"... which was the only way it could have been deemed legal or constitutional.  He rewrote the law, essentially, with his god-like ruling.
Even then, he screwed up. The penalty clause was added by the Senate, and Revenue measures (aka: taxes) are Constitutionally required to originate in the House.

He trashed the Constitution twice to rule that the ACA was acceptable, and imho, lost all credibility as a jurist..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2017, 09:23:18 am »
@INVAR may be a realist to you, but to me, he's like that creature in the Harry Potter books who drained all hope and happiness from the world.

There's not enough booze to make me think his posts are in any way realistic of helpful.
Perhaps if you recognized he has seen first hand the type of real-world cesspit this nation is headed for you would not be so smug, Emjay. That you refuse to note that as a warning is your personal folly.

He isn't draining anything, he is warning of what is and where that will lead. Taking potshots at the messenger doesn't change the reason for the message.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2017, 05:37:01 pm »
I don't have a problem with Roberts' Obamacare ruling.  He essentially said that as a tax, it could not be challenged until the tax went into effect.  But I have a huge problem that no one has challenged the constitutionality of that tax since it has gone into effect.

I firmly believe that if such a challenge made it back to the Supreme Court, Roberts would vote with Thomas, Alito, et al.

As for this current ruling, this is just a replay of Kelo.  Kennedy sold out that time too.  Can't wait until he retires.

As for this current ruling, I am disappointed that Grosuch did not cast a vote.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2017, 05:43:42 pm »
 :beer:
Perhaps if you recognized he has seen first hand the type of real-world cesspit this nation is headed for you would not be so smug, Emjay. That you refuse to note that as a warning is your personal folly.

He isn't draining anything, he is warning of what is and where that will lead. Taking potshots at the messenger doesn't change the reason for the message.

:beer:  Unfortunately, some people are in denial or are apathetic.  That attitude of course does no good and for some it's easier to shoot the messenger than face the reality.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 12:27:24 pm »
As for this current ruling, I am disappointed that Grosuch did not cast a vote.

Gorsuch recused himself because he was not present for opening arguments.  It was the right call.  It shows integrity on his part.  Still waiting to see former ACLU leader Ruth Bader Ginsburg recuse herself from any case the ACLU brings forward.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 01:35:22 pm »
Gorsuch recused himself because he was not present for opening arguments.  It was the right call.  It shows integrity on his part.  Still waiting to see former ACLU leader Ruth Bader Ginsburg recuse herself from any case the ACLU brings forward.

Thanks for the info on Gorsuch. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 05:05:56 pm »
SCOTUS rendered itself lawless and irrelevant when they 'made' ObamaCare lawful via redefining a 'tax' into a 'penalty'.

They have no longer possess any Authority I recognize.  They are just agents of tyranny in black robes.  That they would diminish the Takings Clause to be redefined should alarm us to the fact that similar treatments by their hand upon the First and Second Amendments are not far behind.

And they will continue to do so until for all matters of practicality - the Constitution itself is effectively nullified in total and D.C. becomes the only arbiter of what is lawful.

Which is where they intend to take us anyway.
The fatalistic discourse you promulgate makes this seem more appropriate to be in the comic book pages.

Negativity does nothing to change anything.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 05:14:26 pm »
The fatalistic discourse you promulgate makes this seem more appropriate to be in the comic book pages.

If that is how you regard the lessons of history and prophetic warnings from the Founders and the bible.

Negativity does nothing to change anything.

Neither does wishful thinking in the face of reality.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2017, 10:31:47 pm »

She should step down. Period.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley