Author Topic: Chicago Theaters Closing Doors on Critic Who Called Out Black-on-Black Violence. It is verboten to suggest that blacks examine their own community.  (Read 819 times)

rangerrebew

Chicago Theaters Closing Doors on Critic Who Called Out Black-on-Black Violence
It is verboten to suggest that blacks examine their own community.
News
Mark Tapson

A longtime Chicago theater critic who dared suggest that black-on-black violence might be more of a problem than cop-on-black violence is being denied invitations to review shows around town due to her "hate and ignorance."

The Chicago Tribune reports that on June 13 Hedy Weiss, who is white, reviewed Pass Over by New York playwright Antoinette Nwandu, which "riffs on Waiting for Godot by swapping the usual protagonists for two young black men, who are alternately seduced and terrorized by two white characters," one of whom is a police officer. Commenting on Nwandu's choice of villain, Weiss wrote, "No one can argue with the fact that this city… has a problem with the use of deadly police force against African-Americans. But, for all the many and varied causes we know so well, much of the lion's share of the violence is perpetrated within the community itself."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/chicago-theaters-closing-doors-critic-who-called-out-black-black-violence
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:47:16 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

When you speak truth to power, power lashes out, hard.

Offline endicom

Problems "within the community" are behind not just black-on-black violence but violent encounters with the police. What is outside the community is the political forces creating the problems within the community. Stop voting for those people who are the political forces.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Hurray for all the violent deaths in Chicago! Hurray for all the Carpetbaggers in Chicago! You people are killing your fellow citizens. You are killing your city. You are killing your state. Your retard is killing me. Hurray!!!!!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

The follow-up needed to this is to get the list of the 70 theaters and find out if any receive public funding.  Then apply pressure to cut off that public funding unless they give equal access of complimentary tickets to all professional critics.

Anyone from Illinois willing to step up and do this?

The contact for the bigoted group opposing her:

Sasha Smith
Chicago Theater Accountability Coalition
(515) 491-1677
chitac2017@gmail.com

They say they aren't releasing the list because

After suggesting the names of those theaters would be released this week, co-founder Sasha Smith said Thursday her group is not planning to release the list because "at this point it is just already public knowledge (which theaters stand with the coalition), and the list keeps growing and expanding day by day, so at this point it's sort of a moot point to release one specific list."
:silly:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 06:45:03 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mountaineer

Next on their hit list?
Music legend Stevie Wonder took part in a North Minneapolis peace summit over the weekend, focusing on ending youth gun violence.

According to Billboard, Wonder said it was contradictory for the African American community to say "Black Lives Matter" while black-on-black crime claims so many lives.

It is in your hands to stop all the killing and all the shooting wherever it might be. Because you cannot say 'Black Lives Matter' and then kill yourselves,” Wonder told those gathered at the North Minneapolis Peace Conference.  ...
FOX
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
  1% of Blacks who are killed  are killed by police.
90% of Blacks who are killed  are killed by other Blacks.

The only Black lives that matter to leftists
are the few that the leftists can exploit
to incite riots, impoverish Blacks, and seize more power.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao