Author Topic: Physicists Propose a Mirror Universe Where Time Moves in the Opposite Direction  (Read 713 times)

rangerrebew

Physicists Propose a Mirror Universe Where Time Moves in the Opposite Direction

June 22, 2017

by Philip Perry

By Zdnrp (Own work) [CC0], Wikimedia Commons

Imagine waking up after death and living out your old age, until you grew young enough to have a career, and hoped someday to go to college. This is what life might be like in the “mirror” universe, the exact opposite of ours. According to two teams of physicists, our universe may have a twin where time moves backward.

Of course, this is all just theoretical. But the theory answers some fundamental questions physics has been wrestling with for quite some time. One is, if the universe during the Big Bang was made of equal parts matter and antimatter, where’s all the antimatter?

http://bigthink.com/philip-perry/physicists-propose-a-mirror-universe-where-time-moves-in-the-opposite-direction
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:15:35 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Suppressed

Imagine waking up after death and living out your old age, until you grew young enough to have a career, and hoped someday to go to college. This is what life might be like in the “mirror” universe, the exact opposite of ours. According to two teams of physicists, our universe may have a twin where time moves backward.

"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends.  I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time.  What do you get at the end of it?  A death.  What's that, a bonus?

I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way.  Then you live in an old age home.  You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.  You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy retirement.  You drink alcohol, you party, and you get ready for High School.  You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last 9 months floating...then you finish off as an orgasm!  Amen." 

--George Costanza
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

Only if time is an independent variable. 

BassWrangler

"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends.  I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time.  What do you get at the end of it?  A death.  What's that, a bonus?

You should die first, get it out of the way.  Then you live in an old age home.  You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.  You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy retirement.  You drink alcohol, you party, and you get ready for High School.  You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last 9 months floating...then you finish off as an orgasm!  Amen." 

--George Costanza

No thanks. I have no desire to ever live my childhood again.

Offline endicom

How would you come into being in that universe?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

--George Costanza

This was the episode "Backwards" from "Red Dwarf", Third Season.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:23:42 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

How would you come into being in that universe?

You wake up on Saturday.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.