Author Topic: The Stories From Inside North Korea’s Prison Camps Are Horrifying  (Read 678 times)

rangerrebew

The Stories From Inside North Korea’s Prison Camps Are Horrifying
By Paul Szoldra, Business Insider
on March 25, 2017

The prison camps of Nazi Germany existed for 12 years before their remaining survivors were freed after World War II. In the years that followed, many learned of horrifying conditions, torture, and millions murdered by Hitler’s regime, and people swore never to let it happen again.

But North Korea has established its system of prison camps where an untold number have died amid “unspeakable atrocities” comparable to what the Nazis did, according to a preliminary report from the UN.

http://taskandpurpose.com/stories-inside-north-koreas-prison-camps-horrifying/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 08:27:54 am by rangerrebew »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: The Stories From Inside North Korea’s Prison Camps Are Horrifying
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 01:48:24 pm »
How can this be any more horrifying than the stories about people there, not in concentration camps, eating their own children to survive?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 02:00:28 pm »
How can this be any more horrifying than the stories about people there, not in concentration camps, eating their own children to survive?

I didn't know there was a contest.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 03:31:16 pm »
I wish I had the audio clip because it was so funny, but Dennis Rodmad was just interviewed and said we dont see the good side of North Korea, and that the people there are so happy  because of its modernization.  And they and he see Kim jong-Un as a friendy guy. He says he and Kim sing karaoke and ride horses together.

This farce sure reminds me of the movie, The Interview.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 03:33:41 pm »
I wish I had the audio clip because it was so funny, but Dennis Rodmad was just interviewed and said we dont see the good side of North Korea, and that the people there are so happy  because of its modernization.  And they and he see Kim jong-Un as a friendy guy. He says he and Kim sing karaoke and ride horses together.

This farce sure reminds me of the movie, The Interview.

That's because the movie was a parody of Rodman first trip there.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 04:43:38 pm »
I didn't know there was a contest.

Maybe it should be. Rub the world's face in Kim jong-Un's crap.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 11:54:15 am »
Suki Kim’s secret mission to uncover truth about North Korea
June 25, 20177:36am
News.com.au
SUKI Kim was frightened every second she was in North Korea.

She was the first writer to ever go undercover, and if she was found out, the consequences would be grim.

Kim, who was born in South Korea, posed as an Evangelical Christian who was teaching English at a North Korean school for six months, but really was gathering information to expose the truths and cover ups in the heavily governed nation.

After writing pages of her book, Without You, There is no Us, she would strap them and other documents to her body along with USB sticks and would erase all activity from her computer.

“I was frightened every second,” she told news.com.au.

“I created a document within a document. If they go through your stuff, which they would, if they were to find documents then it would look like classroom notes, that was my cover.

“If I were to be found there would be consequences. If they had got close to finding out my identity I wouldn’t be here.”

Kim shared her insight into North Korea following the death of Otto Warmbier, a US college student who was detained in the country for 17 months after he attempted to steal a political banner.  ...

While undercover, Kim lived in a military compound with 270 young men.

Kim would dine with them for every meal because none of them were allowed out on their own, and she formed a close bond with them.

“Despite the complete surveillance, I was able to get to what they think and the complexity behind what it’s like to live in the system of the great leader while still being a human being with your own thoughts. It’s a system that doesn’t encourage individuality,” she said.

“They are not allowed to show it if they are wondering about the outside world. They have to be with someone at all times, they are busy 24/7, all day long and not alone, doing their great leader duties. They take class and studies where they learn about the great leader and it’s the same information over and over again.

“They are not allowed any free time to think and North Koreans have to attend a weekly meeting and have to report on each other so they can’t really show it if they are curious of the outside world, they are not allowed to know about it but would have an inkling. They are human beings and they are smart, young and very alive. All that was squashed every second and any of it could get them and their family into trouble.” ...
EXCERPTED - click on link for full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org