Author Topic: Delaware senator charged for carrying gun into airport  (Read 441 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Delaware senator charged for carrying gun into airport
« on: June 23, 2017, 11:04:35 pm »
Delaware State Senator Brian Pettyjohn faces a felony charge for accidentally carrying a weapon into an airport on Thursday morning, Delaware State News reports.

Pettyjohn was detained in the Salisbury Regional Airport Thursday morning when Transportation Security Administration agents found a loaded handgun in his carry-on bag. The senator said that he accidentally left the firearm in his laptop case.

He was travelling to the Southern Regional Education Board conference in New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office announced the felony charges on Friday, which carry the potential of a 10-year jail sentence. Pettyjohn was questioned by the Sherriff’s office at the airport, and was later released without arrest.

More: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/339252-delaware-senator-charged-for-carrying-gun-into-airport
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Re: Delaware senator charged for carrying gun into airport
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 11:33:08 pm »
Sloppy reporting.  You don't get charged with bringing a gun to the airport.  You get charged when you attempt to take a gun through security.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 12:48:58 am »
I'll assume he is a Republican since he got charged with a felony.  Funny how Jim Webb (D-Va) didn't get charged when he did the same thing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 12:51:30 am »
I'll assume he is a Republican since he got charged with a felony.  Funny how Jim Webb (D-Va) didn't get charged when he did the same thing.

Yup.  He's a republican.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 08:42:32 am »
My advice if you are going to NOLA is to pack heat.