Author Topic: California Bans Travel to Four States  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
California Bans Travel to Four States
« on: June 23, 2017, 05:53:58 pm »
California Bans Travels To Texas, Alabama, South Dakota And Kentucky
June 23, 2017

California always manages to attract everyone’s attention, and this time it issued a huge order to stop state funded trips to four US states. We can’t imagine the impact of this travel ban, but we know that California should have played a better game. The order came from the California Attorney General, and this sure gave everyone a good reason to start thinking about policies designed in California.

Attorney General Xavier Becerra banned state-funded travels to Texas, Alabama, South Dakota and Kentucky. State employees can’t go there on the expense of state’s budget. The legislation was passed last year, and applies to “non-essential” trips to states that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

According to the Attorney General, North Carolina, Kansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee are the next to go. Becerra revealed that the state won’t tolerate the use of tax dollars for travels to states in which gay people are discriminated.
Many experts discussed over the effect of this travel ban. Of course, the order excludes ‘special travels’ based on enforcing California law and any contracts made before 2017. Becerra’s spokesperson didn’t reveal more information about the number of times California state employees travelled to the banned states.

Texas earned its place on the list because of its law according to which child welfare organizations are allowed to deny services and adoptions to couples because of “sincerely held religious beliefs.” Becerra believes that this is nothing but a pure LGBT discrimination. Alabama and South Dakota have similar laws. When it comes to Kentucky, the state’s new law allows LGBT discrimination in schools. Well, that’s how Becerra views the new law brought in Kentucky.

“California may be able to stop their state employees, but they can’t stop all the businesses that are fleeing over taxation and regulation and relocating to Texas,” explained John Wittman, the spokesman for Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.

Fresno State, the public university in California is supposed to play football with the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa this fall. We still don’t know whether sports’ travels are included in Becerra’s ban.

What do you think about this? How will Americans accept this travel ban?

://world-politicus.com/2017/06/23/california-bans-travels-texas-alabama-south-dakota-kentucky/
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: California Bans Travel to Four States
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 05:54:56 pm »
The egregious behavior of Texas in limiting the rights of some people has had one good result.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 06:13:40 pm »
You would think that the biggest tourism state would avoid fomenting resentment and backlash.  But then, I doubt anyone in Sacramento feels a connection to the private sector.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 06:39:06 pm »
You would think that the biggest tourism state would avoid fomenting resentment and backlash.  But then, I doubt anyone in Sacramento feels a connection to the private sector.

It's only government funded travel that is banned.  California has not yet been able to ban travel for private citizens.

Any sports entity like the NFL that tries this kind of thing on Texas will be very sorry.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 07:29:06 pm »
Texans are tinkled pink that California officials won't be coming here. I propose we use a modified version of the technique shown in the video below to cull out liberals, only it shouldn't be a joke and it shouldn't be temporary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Bb3mBSDo0

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 07:32:27 pm »
 So we don't have to entertain any more Californians?!!
 888high58888
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 08:30:29 pm »
You gotta say it, just like the line "fight in the shade" from the flick The 300.

With Texas cleaning house on Illegals and Sanctuary pest holes, This has got to have them Howling with laughter.

Why on earth would they want the Illegals working in Ca. Govt. coming into their State?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:30:46 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 08:31:47 pm »
California Bans Travel to Four States

I wish they would ban travel to all the other states.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 09:17:41 pm »
So glad for my home, Texas. The California refugees that moved to Austin ruined that town. I moved on to the Hill Country.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 09:31:53 pm »

I wish they would ban travel to all the other states.

Not only travel. Immigration, too.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 03:29:01 am »
So we don't have to entertain any more Californians?!!
 888high58888

Too bad Washington is so liberal.  Wish we were on the list.  We always had this saying.  Don't Californiate Washington. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 07:51:54 pm »
So glad for my home, Texas. The California refugees that moved to Austin ruined that town. I moved on to the Hill Country.

The Hill Country is beautiful.

Offline berdie

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 01:37:49 am »
Well. darn it...I was so looking forward to welcoming the Calis. I'm sure they would love the heat, snakes and bugs. :laugh:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 01:46:29 am »
The Hill Country is beautiful.

My hometown is now a ritzy suburb of Austin.  Very sad.  Ticky tack McMansions all over those beautiful hills.   8888crybaby

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 02:07:38 am »
I suspect very little out-of-state travel by CA state employees is truly essential.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 12:48:47 am »
I suspect very little out-of-state travel by CA state employees is truly essential.
The most prominent thing any ban like this affects is college sports at state=owned universities. If UCLA had a game scheduled in Texas, for example, they couldn't travel there on the university's dime. The students and coaches would have to arrange their own flights or forfeit the games.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 01:28:00 am »
Can we get a ban on Californians moving to Georgia?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 02:22:44 am »
I think we ought to make it real easy for those in CA; ban all travel in and out of CA...problem solved.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 02:26:14 am »
the state employs auditors who travel the USA to audit companies and individuals for proper payment of CA income taxes.

To counter this CA edict, I believe a state like Texas should simply state no state employees be able to travel to Texas.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 01:13:13 pm »

Was in the Hill Country all last week on vacation. The only negative thing about it was all the in-laws that were there for a niece's wedding.   :silly:

While the wife and her sisters were store hopping in Gruene, I was at the Grapevine, a superb wine bar.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 01:13:54 pm »
Too bad Washington is so liberal.  Wish we were on the list.  We always had this saying.  Don't Californiate Washington.

Much more conservative in the area east of the Cascades.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 01:18:22 pm »
Was in the Hill Country all last week on vacation. The only negative thing about it was all the in-laws that were there for a niece's wedding.   :silly:

While the wife and her sisters were store hopping in Gruene, I was at the Grapevine, a superb wine bar.
That heat in there must have been no big thing to you.  Try growing up there without AC.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 01:24:59 pm »
That heat in there must have been no big thing to you.  Try growing up there without AC.

LOL - it was 100 degrees when the wedding started at 6 PM a week ago Friday. I've lived in Texas over 30 years, but I'm not sure you ever get over the summer heat, which hasn't reared its head until recently. The weather in October and November helps you to get over the heat from mid-June to mid-September.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 01:25:22 pm »

Exactly.   Let them starve on their left wing policies.  I have already previously boycotted CA.  I challenge every other conservative to do the same,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 03:09:50 pm »
I lived in southern CA from 1962-65, and have no interest in visiting - not even to visit the town in which we lived.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org