Author Topic: The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway  (Read 468 times)

Offline endicom

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway
« on: June 23, 2017, 04:05:56 pm »
Hot Air
Andrew Malcolm
June 23, 2017

Three weeks into the allied assault on the ISIS capital of Raqqa, operations to surround the northern Syrian city are complete and street-by-street fighting has begun in the outskirts.

The struggle to deny terrorists the symbolic capital of their self-proclaimed caliphate is likely to be hard-fought, bloody and prolonged. It pits an unknown number of fighters from Arab militias, Syrian Democratic Forces and an anti-ISIS coalition of mainly Kurdish soldiers newly-armed and advised by U.S. Special Operations troops.

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/06/23/battle-for-raqqa-is-underway-isis/

Offline endicom

Re: The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 04:07:15 pm »
This is what we were forced to do to Germany and Japan. It's this or submit to them.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 04:08:53 pm »
Hot Air
s it has in the ongoing and unexpectedly prolonged battle for Mosul in Iraq, ISIS is defending with a combination of earthen works, tunnels, homicide bombers, intermittent attacks by cells left among civilians and has laced the ruins and ancient narrow streets with IEDs.

"homicide bombers"...what a stupid term. 

I guess some bombers are just wanting to wound, not kill.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 04:13:30 pm »
"homicide bombers"...what a stupid term. 

I guess some bombers are just wanting to wound, not kill.

Many people objected to the term 'suicide bombers' and so substituted the more correct 'homicide bombers.'

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 04:16:57 pm »

Many people objected to the term 'suicide bombers' and so substituted the more correct 'homicide bombers.'

It's not "more correct".  There are multiple types of bombers, and the adjective "suicide" describes the type -- that these aren't people planting bombs, but actually using suicide attacks.

The term "homicide bomber" is a politically correct inanity.

Also gotta love lines like this:

Experts expect the Raqqa battle to last longer than currently expected . . .
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 04:19:09 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn