Author Topic: Most Terrorists in the U.S. Are Right Wing, Not Muslim: Report  (Read 457 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
http://www.newsweek.com/right-wing-extremism-islamist-terrorism-donald-trump-steve-bannon-628381

By Mirren Gidda On 6/22/17 at 12:53 PM

U.S. President Donald Trump was elected vowing to get tough on “radical Islamic terrorism.” He has tried to implement a travel ban barring people from six Muslim-majority nations from entering the U.S. and has tweeted frequently about Islamist terrorist attacks around the world. On Thursday, a new report claimed the president has his facts muddled.

A joint project by the Investigative Fund at the Nation Institute, a nonprofit media center, and Reveal from the Center for Investigative Reporting has found that within the past nine years, right-wing extremists plotted or carried out nearly twice as many terrorist attacks as Islamist extremists. Of the 115 right-wing incidents, police only foiled 35 percent. Compare this to the 63 Islamist terrorism cases, where police foiled 76 percent of the planned attacks.

Right-wing extremists were not only more successful, they were often more deadly, too. From 2008 to 2016, a third of right-wing attacks involved fatalities, compared to 13 percent of Islamist attacks. It should be noted, however, that Islamist extremists killed more people overall, with a death toll of 90 people compared to 79.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Most Terrorists in the U.S. Are Right Wing, Not Muslim: Report
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 01:14:24 pm »
Congratulations to Newsweek and Mirra Gidda.

Thanks to this screed, they make dog vomit palatable.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:14:41 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 01:29:31 pm »
What Fred said.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 02:32:15 pm »
So, over the last nine years (who was running the show pretty much the whole time?), the number of "incidents" CLASSIFIED as terrorism was higher for right wingers as islamics?  I can believe that.  I'm sure the jihadis are totally winning the "workplace violence" and other such categories, however.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.