Author Topic: Sydney to erect barricades to prevent vehicle attacks, police say  (Read 429 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sydney to erect barricades to prevent vehicle attacks, police say

SYDNEY, June 23 — Sydney will install concrete barricades in a prominent pedestrian-only thoroughfare to mitigate against the risk of a vehicle attack by extremists, Australian police said today, after recent incidents in Europe and the United States.

Australia’s largest city was also considering more permanent measures such as bollards, garden beds or other landscaping features in Martin Place, which houses a war memorial, the headquarters of the Reserve Bank of Australia, the US Consulate General, a hotel and many luxury retail outlets.

There was no specific threat to Sydney, police in New South Wales state said in a statement.

Continued: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/world/article/sydney-to-erect-barricades-to-prevent-vehicle-attacks-police-say

It surprises me that even Australia is dealing with this rubbish. Perhaps such suspicious persons come in from places like Indonesia and Malaysia. I have no idea.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Sydney to erect barricades to prevent vehicle attacks, police say
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 11:09:14 am »
They've taken in just under 14,000 so far from mainly Iraq and Syria. They don't let Indonesians in - that's who winds up on the limbo island.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink