Author Topic: Commerce Dept Reforms Red Snapper Fishing Rules in Gulf of Mexico  (Read 196 times)

Offline corbe

Commerce Dept Reforms Red Snapper Fishing Rules in Gulf of Mexico

By Gabriella Hoffman  |  June 22, 2017, 06:54pm  |  @Gabby_Hoffman

In an effort to improve private recreational fishing access in the Gulf of Mexico, the U.S. Department of Commerce has listened to recommendations from sportfishing groups to extend the federal Gulf red snapper season by 39 days–instead of the current 3-day rule. The states affected include Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. The amended red snapper season will run now through Labor Day.

Rep. Steve Scalise–who was critically injured from last Wednesday’s shooting in Alexandria, VA–led the charge to pass this important conservation measure to allow more anglers access to these particular fishing opportunities.

In a statement released by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross’s office, he thanked Scalise and other lawmakers for their efforts in reforming red snapper fishing limit rules.

“I’d like to offer my thoughts and prayers to Whip Scalise, his staff, the Capitol Police, and their families,” said Secretary Ross.  “Majority Whip Scalise and his staff have been incredibly helpful on this and a host of other issues, and I wish them and the other victims a speedy recovery.  Such a despicable act of violence has no place in our political discourse, and the Administration and Congress will continue to work together in service to the American people.”

The press release further expanded on the rules changes:

<..snip..>

http://theresurgent.com/commerce-dept-reforms-red-snapper-fishing-rules-in-gulf-of-mexico/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.