Author Topic: Ohio State Football Recruit Wears T-Shirt: ‘I Hope I Don’t Get Killed for Being Black Today’  (Read 2227 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Tyreke Smith, a player attending Ohio State’s football camp, made quite the impression when he showed up on the Buckeye’s campus.
However, it wasn’t for anything he did on the football field. Instead, it was for what he wore.

Smith reported to camp wearing a T-shirt that said, “I hope I don’t get killed for being black today.”

Smith explained his decision to wear the shirt to ElevenWarriors, a site which covers Ohio State football. Smith said, “I decided to wear the shirt because I wanted to bring attention to the epidemic of blacks being killed at an alarming rate. What we would like to do is have people talk about these issues to reduce the murder rate of African-Americans.”

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/06/22/ohio-state-football-recruit-wears-t-shirt-says-hope-dont-get-killed-black-today/
Hope my school does not select an obvious problem child like that.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline NavyCanDo

Since the begining of the year, there have been 8 blacks killed by police tnat have come under attack, rightfully or wrongfully. Just 8.

How many police officers killed durring that same time period?   63

Who needs the T-shirt, is the Police, ......I hope I don't get killed for being a Policeman Today.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Since the begining of the year, there have been 8 blacks killed by police tnat have come under attack, rightfully or wrongfully. Just 8.

How many police officers killed durring that same time period?   63

Who needs the T-shirt, is the Police, ......I hope I don't get killed for being a Policeman Today.

I know what you are saying. The police are under increasing attack.

Do you know how many of those officers were killed by blacks?

The shirt is ambiguous. But he is trying to bring awareness to the black-on-black crime problem, too.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

The shirt is ambiguous. But he is trying to bring awareness to the black-on-black crime problem, too.
So you are saying that BLM is bringing awareness of black on black crime?

First time I have heard that one.

If true, why don't we hear more about that part of BLM?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
So you are saying that BLM is bringing awareness of black on black crime?

First time I have heard that one.

If true, why don't we hear more about that part of BLM?

I don't see where I mentioned BLM in my post. I did, however, read the article. I don't see where BLM is mentioned there, either.

The shirt was created to bring light into the everyday problems that blacks face between police and black-on-black crimes. The shirt exemplifies a voice that we have, but may not be heard. So why not have people see it?”

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

I don't see where I mentioned BLM in my post. I did, however, read the article. I don't see where BLM is mentioned there, either.

The shirt was created to bring light into the everyday problems that blacks face between police and black-on-black crimes. The shirt exemplifies a voice that we have, but may not be heard. So why not have people see it?”
Why? Because some that may not be either black or police may wish to have target practice.

Let's put it this way: If a white guy wore a shirt that said the same thing about being white, do you think he would last long?

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
We're not allowed to talk about Black culture.

We can talk about generalities and tendencies of other cultures such as the Irish like to drink, Jews are often neurotic and Germans are meticulous.  But talking about Blacks, no can do.

I remember a story about a traffic analyst studying methods to relieve congestion in a major city, might have been St. Louis.  He spent a long time studying different areas and his report happened to mention low-income (Black) sections of the city tend to have matriarchal families.  How that affected traffic I can't remember, but he did get in big trouble for mentioning that one obvious fact in his report.

If you talk to policemen, watch Cops or Live PD you'll quickly learn Blacks have a serious hearing problem.  With guns drawn, the cops can command "Show me your hands" ten times with no compliance whatsoever from the suspect.  Maybe those buses offering free hearing tests should spend more time in the inner city.

With improved hearing the hope would be that it would lead to a reduction in diarrhea of the mouth.  Personally, I have no patience for a stranger who walks up and talks gibberish non-stop, often interspersed with "know-what-I-mean" every 15 seconds.  No, I don't know what you mean because you're babbling pure horsesh*t.

Everybody's different and that is a good thing.  Talking about those differences and even joking about them shouldn't be a crime.  But today, even comedians are not allowed to venture into certain areas because it has become taboo in our society.  That's a problem.

Offline mountaineer

I hope I don't get killed for being in the wrong neighborhood today.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If Urban Myer were smart he'd pull that kids scholarship.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goodwithagun

The guy who helped create Aaron Hernandez? Nah. He only cares about trophies and rings.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

If he wants to initiate the Kaepernick Protocol let him.

I view this as an individual trying to open a dialogue.

But it is probably better if someone shot him for the attempt, thereby discouraging any discussion on the subject(s).

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If he wants to initiate the Kaepernick Protocol let him.

I view this as an individual trying to open a dialogue.

But it is probably better if someone shot him for the attempt, thereby discouraging any discussion on the subject(s).

It's not dialogue...it's blatant racist propaganda based on a lie.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

That's how I read it, too.   Blacks being killed by cops is a rare thing.  Blacks being killed by gang violence is depressingly common.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's how I read it, too.   Blacks being killed by cops is a rare thing.  Blacks being killed by gang violence is depressingly common.

That is not what that shirt means and you know it.  At least be honest in your discussion of this.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
That is not what that shirt means and you know it.  At least be honest in your discussion of this.

I am being honest.  Tyreke Smith's own explanation of the shirt makes this clear:  “I decided to wear the shirt because I wanted to bring attention to the epidemic of blacks being killed at an alarming rate. What we would like to do is have people talk about these issues to reduce the murder rate of African-Americans.”

The high murder rate of African-Americans isn't caused by cops.  It's caused by gang-related violence. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I am being honest.  Tyreke Smith's own explanation of the shirt makes this clear:  “I decided to wear the shirt because I wanted to bring attention to the epidemic of blacks being killed at an alarming rate. What we would like to do is have people talk about these issues to reduce the murder rate of African-Americans.”

He may as well be wearing a "Hands up don't shoot" shirt.  They both have the same disgusting and false meaning. 

The "murder" rate that shirt refers to is the myth of cops killing blacks.

Anyone with half a brain that's been paying attention to current events for more than a minute knows what that shirt and his remarks are talking about.
The high murder rate of African-Americans isn't caused by cops.  It's caused by gang-related violence.

Again that's not what he's talking about and you know it. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

If he's trying to draw attention to black-on-black crime (and that's a worthy endeavor) perhaps he should have shaped the message a bit less ambiguously. As it is, it too much appears to be BLM nonsense.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If he's trying to draw attention to black-on-black crime (and that's a worthy endeavor) perhaps he should have shaped the message a bit less ambiguously. As it is, it too much appears to be BLM nonsense.

Exactly.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Again that's not what he's talking about and you know it.

And you can read minds?  What about Tyreke's statement quoted in EC's post above?

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 05:46:03 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Mod2

We are on a text based forum. No one can read minds, and there is no body language to give additional context.

Read what the other person says and assume they are saying what they mean. Ask for clarification if needed. Don't presume to know the other's unstated thoughts. We're not liberals.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

US Dept. of Justice statistics have shown for years that Blacks commit murder, at rates of more than 7 times that of whites.

They cannot be honest, and simply say "we gotta quit killin' each other. It ain't Whitey, it is us !!"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
And you can read minds?  What about Tyreke's statement quoted in EC's post above?

Disingenuous to the extreme. The only popular movement  which claims that blacks are being killed because of their race is the black supremacist, anti-white, anti law-enforcement groups Black Lies Matter, the Nation of Islam or the New Black Panthers, and they ALL maintain that blacks are being deliberately targeted for murder by law enforcement.

The shirt is not being worn in a vacuum, but in contemporary social context.

I will grant that Jazzhead has great skill in twisting himself into grotesque pretzels of logic in order to avoid straightforward, reasonable interpretations of facts. He displays Olympic-class skill in circumambulating around the blatantly obvious.

My friends and I often refer to this as the ability to "think sideways". It reminds me more of the type of indulgences in flights of unsupported fantasy taken by O.J. Simpson murder trial jurors to
'explain" how he could have been innocent of multiple murder. The spinning of highly unlikely yarns instead of applying Ockham's Razor to find reality.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:06:38 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I will grant that Jazzhead has great skill in twisting himself into grotesque pretzels of logic in order to avoid straightforward, reasonable interpretations of facts. He displays Olympic-class skill in circumambulating around the blatantly obvious.

C'mon, take the damn chip off your shoulder.   My inference as to what the T-shirt meant was based on Tyreke's own statements about what he thought it meant.   It's pretzel logic to cite the views of the wearer?   

If anything's twisted it's your own panties.   

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
C'mon, take the damn chip off your shoulder.   My inference as to what the T-shirt meant was based on Tyreke's own statements about what he thought it meant.   It's pretzel logic to cite the views of the wearer?   

If anything's twisted it's your own panties.

heh Consistent to the end, eh? heh Nice dodge! JH again ignored the central point of the previous post (as he  does with most of them) about how the context of the shirt's statement is set by the social and cultural conditions in which it is worn (the most-widely understood popular meaning), not the wearer's own weak, self-serving verbalizations about it (of course t little anti-white racist who wore the shirt will not admit to his true thoughts or feelings because they are so hideously ugly). 

It is increasingly difficult for me to quantify the magnitude of my indifference to your posts. All are so similar in their insipid, occluded nature that I am fairly made breathless by their vapidness. You may be one of the first posters on this forum from whom I have learned absolutely and utterly nothing. Reading your posts is largely and increasingly a total waste of time as to read one is to read them all.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:46:14 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)