Author Topic: LISTEN: Rush Limbaugh Attempts To Defend Himself Against Accusations Of Selling Out  (Read 11672 times)

Offline corbe

LISTEN: Rush Limbaugh Attempts To Defend Himself Against Accusations Of Selling Out

Posted at 9:00 am on June 22, 2017 by Susan Wright

Rush Limbaugh is gone.

Many have realized that for some time, and his shtick has long since worn thin. I personally gave up on him during the primaries, when conservatives had such a wealth of good choices to go with as nominee, but Limbaugh began gushing like a 13-year old girl at a One Direction concert over Donald Trump… the bottom of the bottom of the barrel!

Limbaugh’s show has devolved into a long, ridiculous fan club newsletter for Trump, and it’s hard to imagine anybody still hanging in with him, unless they are either part of Trump’s MAGA club, or they’re just a glutton for punishment.

On Wednesday, Limbaugh used his show to scoff at the notion of an “alt-right,” and to suggest that he was being labeled “not conservative” for not trying to take Trump out.

Victimhood used to be something we (conservatives) accused leftists of wearing like a cloak.

<..snip..>

AUDIO AT LINK

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/06/22/listen-rush-limbaugh-attempts-defend-accusations-selling/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
On Wednesday, Limbaugh used his show to scoff at the notion of an “alt-right,” and to suggest that he was being labeled “not conservative” for not trying to take Trump out.

Only idiots and embarrassed members are still trying to sell the fantasy that there is no alt right amd no one was asking him or anyone else to "Take Trump out". All any of us ever asked for from the once conservative media was honesty. Instead we got lying and promotion of their rich buddy.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Oh boy, Red State says that. Well, that settles it. Maybe next we can listen to Ben Shapiro or the other true sell outs.

I guess Red State is disappointed they aren't part of the movement that has tossed the democrats out on their ears. Must be mad seeing Obama's legacy dismantled.

Offline corbe

@Frank Cannon have you taken your Blood Pressure Meds yet?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

From the article:

To begin with, the alt-right is a thing, Rush. An ugly, twisted, anti-conservative, anti-liberal, anti-intellectual thing. Trump spoke directly to their confused minds, and brought along their pied piper, Steve Bannon, to keep them dancing on the end of a string called “nationalism.”

Like a pack of slobbering, wild dogs, Trump tossed them chunks of meat, and they proceeded to tear up everything in their path.

Limbaugh, like other so-called “conservative” voices had the platform to speak out against the race to the bottom that Trump and his madness represented. He chose not to, however. Instead, he, Fox News, and too many other talking heads immediately abandoned principle and reason to board the Trump train.

YEP.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Only idiots and embarrassed members are still trying to sell the fantasy that there is no alt right amd no one was asking him or anyone else to "Take Trump out". All any of us ever asked for from the once conservative media was honesty. Instead we got lying and promotion of their rich buddy.

From my perspective I see Rush as having been TOTALLY honest!  I personally heard him say MANY TIMES that Trump was not ideological and thus not a conservative!  He also pointed out several times that if you were conservative you had only one choice in this primary and that choice is TED CRUZ!

You can deny that he did those things till hell freezes over if you want but it will not change the FACT that he did them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

@CatherineofAragon

You might enjoy this follow up to the Shapiro piece.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Don't see why anyone listens to any of the talking heads. They add no value.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Don't see why anyone listens to any of the talking heads. They add no value.  :shrug:

^ THIS.

Limbaugh can do all the justifying he wants to about why he did not sell the principles he preached for decades down the river for a lifelong NYC Liberal Democrat.

I'm not listening to him anymore and consider him as much a fraud to Conservatism as I do Joel Osteen and Benny Hinn frauds of Christianity.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Rush has ALWAYS maintained that he has an audience ONLY because he is on the radio validating things most people already know!  I agree with him!

You can't find that very many places in media now days!  MOST of the media is too busy trying to influence what you think!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I guess, my brother.  :shrug:

Never seen the appeal of sitting in the choir, myself. Not much cop with harmony.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

I don't call Limbaugh or others "sell outs" because I don't believe they're conservative in the first place. They've made a living pitching conservatism as if it were some kind of miracle over the counter drug when its clearly not.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I guess, my brother.  :shrug:

Never seen the appeal of sitting in the choir, myself. Not much cop with harmony.  :laugh:

We are not disagreeing but Rush has made millions off of those who NEED to hear someone on the radio validating their thoughts.

He is also providing a VERY valuable service in writing children's books that teach history long since dropped from the curriculum of our government centers of indoctrination AKA public schools!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

I am still listening to Shapiro... But not any other that I can think of.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I don't call Limbaugh or others "sell outs" because I don't believe they're conservative in the first place. They've made a living pitching conservatism as if it were some kind of miracle over the counter drug when its clearly not.

Yes conservatism is  a false theory right.    It doesnt work.   its evil

Thats what they teach up there right?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
From my perspective I see Rush as having been TOTALLY honest!  I personally heard him say MANY TIMES that Trump was not ideological and thus not a conservative!  He also pointed out several times that if you were conservative you had only one choice in this primary and that choice is TED CRUZ!

You can deny that he did those things till hell freezes over if you want but it will not change the FACT that he did them!

I have more respect for Rush now then before the election.   He didn't take sides until after the primaries although he did tend towards Cruz.

Rush is a businessman not a religious leader.   I figure we can work with what we have and move this country back from the abyss or we can sit and throw a temper tantrum.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I have more respect for Rush now then before the election.   He didn't take sides until after the primaries although he did tend towards Cruz.

Rush is a businessman not a religious leader.   I figure we can work with what we have and move this country back from the abyss or we can sit and throw a temper tantrum.

I don't think it's any longer a matter of CAN it has become a MUST work with what we have!  If we allow the left to take Trump down it's all over at least for what remains of MY lifetime!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

I figure we can work with what we have and move this country back from the abyss or we can sit and throw a temper tantrum.

:silly:
Now that's funny, considering the advent of a new phrase: Trumper tantrum.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:45:13 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
:silly:
Now that's funny, considering the advent of a new phrase: Trumper tantrum.

No worries mate!  Just like always, the rest of us will do it for you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Red State does not even allow discussion there, the NTs need their safe spaces.  8888crybaby
They have comments but whom they allow is very limited.

Offline skeeter

It was exactly as you say.

However, I wish Rush would stop with the Nevertrump references. It doesn't matter if there are those to whom Trump can do absolutely no good - at some point we need to stop highlighting divisions on our side.

Obviously Rush is personally irritated with those who've been openly critical of his failure to walk the conservative talk during the primaries, but today he's not doing his own purported agenda any favors with these references. We really need to put this behind us.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:57:38 pm by skeeter »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Sadly there are still fools here who hang on his every word.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It was exactly as you say.

However, I wish Rush would stop with the Nevertrump references. It doesn't matter if there are those to whom Trump can do absolutely no good - at some point we need to stop highlighting divisions on our side.

Obviously Rush is personally irritated with those who've been openly critical of his failure to walk the conservative walk during the primaries, but today he's not doing his own purported agenda any favors with these references. We really need to put this behind us.

Thank you!  I fully agree with all that you said!  We ALL need to drop the "never Trump"  business now and get on with it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

YEP.

The liars that write for Red State are vile people.

Offline corbe

The Red State hate is on display this morning.

If someone posted a Huffpo or Brietbart piece I wouldn't disparage the Author or the originating website, I probably wouldn't even click on the article not trusting the veracity of the report, but that's just me and I've been discombobulated of late.