Author Topic: Trump in Iowa: President calls for barring immigrants from welfare for five years  (Read 7209 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Other countries demand that immigrants be self-sufficient. Should be US policy. And they should NEVER get welfare.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GrouchoTex

The law, while not currently enforced, has been on the books for quite some time now (21 years?).

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Other countries demand that immigrants be self-sufficient. Should be US policy. And they should NEVER get welfare.

Has been for a long time now.  All that is lacking is the will to enforce it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Of course we do.  But we shouldn't add to the problem.

I wish I knew how to persuade those already here to leave but cutting off all benefits to illegals would be a start.

And cracking down on people who employ illegals would be another start.  They are all law breakers and should have no standing under our laws.

There are also laws to punish those that hire illegals that aren't enforced.  At one point in time BOA was approving loans and credit cards to illegals.  The problem is primarily lack of enforcement, not the laws themselves.

Yes ... cut of benefits to illegals would certainly help; but the bleeding liberals and RINO's seem to turn a blind eye to our laws.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
How naïve I am to think that our laws would actually be enforced!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Emjay, there are so many here - what estimates of 43 million?  We have to deal with them too.

That's a little high according to my sources which estimate 10 to 20 million, but who the heck really knows the exact number.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

How odd, when my parents legally immigrated to America in the early 1950's they had to
A: Have a sponsor prior to being able to come.
B. had to sign an affidavit that tey would neither accept or seek any government assistance for a period of five years.

Now we not only give illegals more and better benefifts than native born Americans and legal immigrants, we actively teach potential illegals how to rip off American taxpayers in their home countries before they even steal accross our borders.
:shrug:

You actually believe that.

When my great grandparents came here from Poland they did not speak English and had no money.  If they didn't work they didn't eat.  The problem with America isn't immigrants legal or illegal.  The problem is a obese social safety net...period.

Offline libertybele

That's a little high according to my sources which estimate 10 to 20 million, but who the heck really knows the exact number.

High?  10-20 million were estimated to be here in the beginning of 'W''s administration...I find it hard to believe that, that figure has stayed the same.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

When my great grandparents came here from Poland they did not speak English and had no money.  If they didn't work they didn't eat.  The problem with America isn't immigrants legal or illegal.  The problem is a obese social safety net...period.

...and a lot of them absolutely refuse to assimilate.  15 years ago, we took a trip to the Keys with our children and stopped at a McDonald's.  We couldn't order as those behind the counter couldn't speak English!  Not much has changed ... you can walk into my local Walmart here in Florida and ask for the location of an item ...   very few 'minorities' actually have command of the English language in order to assist.  Then we have those that pretend that they can't speak English so they don't have to get up off their butts and do something. Yes ... I've had to rely on profiling in order to get the answer I need. 

Offline ConservativeGranny

If I'm not mistaken its already law.

It is but don't tell Trump. He's having so much fun with this:)

Offline Victoria33

Which is why this declaration is drivel... Distraction.
Better start looking at his other hand, because he's really doing something else.
@roamer_1

You know what he is doing.  So many don't.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Where does 5 years come from?

Why not 50?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

Where does 5 years come from?

Why not 50?

They should put a 5-year lifetime limit on welfare for everyone.  Once you've collected welfare for five years, you don't get another dime for the remainder of your life.  But that's a different thread.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
There are also laws to punish those that hire illegals that aren't enforced.  At one point in time BOA was approving loans and credit cards to illegals.  The problem is primarily lack of enforcement, not the laws themselves.

Yes ... cut of benefits to illegals would certainly help; but the bleeding liberals and RINO's seem to turn a blind eye to our laws.

When they created special tax ID's ITIN's for illegal aliens it opened the door for them to start businesses.  Get mortgages and car loans.  Credit cards.  That is exactly why I knew that we could never deport all of the illegals.  The debts would never be paid.  This is still happening today.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

You know what he is doing.  So many don't.

@Victoria33

A product of my brilliantly misspent yoot. :)
If it weren't for my conscience, I would be a very rich man by now.

Offline DB

When they created special tax ID's ITIN's for illegal aliens it opened the door for them to start businesses.  Get mortgages and car loans.  Credit cards.  That is exactly why I knew that we could never deport all of the illegals.  The debts would never be paid.  This is still happening today.

I don't mind if banks loose their money due to loaning to illegals. They should. Perhaps they would think again next time.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

I actually believe what? That my parents arrived from Hungary with less than $7 dollars U.S. and spoke only Hungarian and some German? That they my father worked over sixteen hours a day at two jobs to pay for his children born in America with no assistance from anyone? That he gave up his trade as a Master Shoemaker for lack of work and worked his way up to being a Master Machinist and foreman of his shop? That my mother after my grandparents immigrated went to school and achieved a degree as an LVN after no more than a grammar school education, that they bought and paid for three homes without ever once taking aid from our government.

Or that I believe that our government has outreach programs to potential illegals in their own countries, that those illegals receive better medical care and more benefits paid for by taxpayers then legal and native born Americans.........Which it does thanks to the liberal traitors in our government.

I don't have a problem with a social safety net for legal Americans that need it, for a time. But the damn simple truth is that our government is now providing largess to legal and illegal immigrants that it never historically did before and this ever full hog trough pulls ever more illegal immigration.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 03:31:26 am by GtHawk »

Or that I believe that our government has outreach programs to potential illegals in their own countries, that those illegals receive better medical care and more benefits paid for by taxpayers then legal and native born Americans.........Which it does thanks to the liberal traitors in our government.

Yeah.  That crap.  You believe it.

Has been for a long time now.  All that is lacking is the will to enforce it.
The "will" by who Bigun?  The people? or the President?

Offline Suppressed

It is but don't tell Trump. He's having so much fun with this:)

Remind me again who it is who runs the branch of our government that's responsible for enforcing our existing laws...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The "will" by who Bigun?  The people? or the President?

The state agencies who primarily administer those things along with a congress and president who will hold their feet to the fire over it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The state agencies who primarily administer those things along with a congress and president who will hold their feet to the fire over it!

Can't lay this one on Congress, my brother. It's the President who enforces the laws, and only the President.

If this law already exists, which it does (Clinton signed it), Trump doesn't need to "call for" anything. All he needs do is direct the agencies he is responsible for to enforce the law. 30 seconds on the phone, tops. Of course, doing that means taking responsibility with no one else to blame.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rivergirl

Maybe the people who attend his rallies think they are auditioning for his reality show.  kind of like the thousands of kids who used to show up for American Idol auditions.
Admittedly a neverevertrumper, I have yet to hear a coherent statement of fact on any topic.   His energy comments in Iowa were more than a bit baffling.
Didn't watch or hear him but read the transcript.  Yikes.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 12:01:03 pm by Rivergirl »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Can't lay this one on Congress, my brother. It's the President who enforces the laws, and only the President.

If this law already exists, which it does (Clinton signed it), Trump doesn't need to "call for" anything. All he needs do is direct the agencies he is responsible for to enforce the law. 30 seconds on the phone, tops. Of course, doing that means taking responsibility with no one else to blame.  :shrug:

Yep! But in this case, it may well take the Congress as well to deal with states who refuse to comply with the law!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Yep! But in this case, it may well take the Congress as well to deal with states who refuse to comply with the law!

Yes, as well as those local law enforcement officials and elected officials who have been instructed otherwise or who have taken it upon themselves to ignore the law!