Author Topic: This Volcano-Shaped Pyramid in Peru Has Experts Stumped  (Read 688 times)

rangerrebew

This Volcano-Shaped Pyramid in Peru Has Experts Stumped
« on: June 22, 2017, 11:42:23 am »
This Volcano-Shaped Pyramid in Peru Has Experts Stumped
By Megan Gannon, Live Science Contributor | June 20, 2017 08:23am ET

El Volcán in the Nepeña Valley of coastal Peru has archaeologists stumped as to when and why this mound was built, though it may have served as a place for a ceremony related to a total solar eclipse.

From far away, El Volcán in the Nepeña Valley of coastal Peru might look like a natural feature in the landscape.

But this volcano is artificial, a mound or pyramid built by human hands with a crater dug out of the top. And some archaeologists are trying to figure out what it was used for.

https://www.livescience.com/59544-mysterious-volcano-shaped-pyramid-in-peru.html
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:43:29 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: This Volcano-Shaped Pyramid in Peru Has Experts Stumped
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 12:05:46 pm »
No real volcanoes in the area, they had to have some place to throw the occasional virgin...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 04:30:04 pm »
It's a granary, duh.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:53:42 pm »
It's a granary, duh.

That's a helluva lot of work for a granary.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 12:35:58 am »
No real volcanoes in the area, they had to have some place to throw the occasional virgin...

Probably more true than you may have intended. There are other places, too. Huaca Prieta. While not a "volcano" type mound it is very old. As could be this one. These people were big on ceremony. This mound, in its original state, could very well have been a man-made ceremonial lake.

There is another man-made ceremonial lake down there, but I can't remember the name of it.

As far as I can tell, there has been site appropriation all over the world. Later cultures building onto older structures and claiming it all as their own construction. There is much evidence of it in the ME, as well as South America. Actually, all over the planet.  What I find very interesting is the better work, the highest technologically, is the oldest. And there is something about that fact that fills me with great sadness.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley