Author Topic: Qatar Accuses UAE Of Supporting 9/11 World Trade Center Attacks As Gulf Crisis Deepens - Newsweek  (Read 655 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Qatar Accuses UAE Of Supporting 9/11 World Trade Center Attacks As Gulf Crisis Deepens
By Jack Moore On 6/20/17 at 7:10 AM

Qatar has accused the United Arab Emirates of supporting the 9/11 attacks in New York as a diplomatic war of words between the tiny oil-rich state and its Sunni Arab neighbours continues.

Several Gulf countries and Egypt cut transport and diplomatic ties with Qatar on June 5, accusing it of supporting radical Islamist groups. But Doha has accused the UAE  of hypocrisy, arguing that it has had prior involvement in acts of extremism.

“Emiratis, not Qataris, were among the hijackers who flew planes into the Twin Towers,’’ Sheikh Meshal bin Hamad Al Thani, Qatar’s ambassador to the U.S., said in an opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal Sunday.

“The UAE was singled out in the 9/11 Commission’s report for its role in laundering money to terrorists.”

Continued: http://www.newsweek.com/qatar-accuses-uae-supporting-911-attacks-gulf-crisis-deepens-627485

The fur flies, interesting article.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Qatar is the world’s biggest exporter of liquified natural gas but the embargo by its neighbors and fellow Sunni states has forced it to look elsewhere for revenue streams and transport links.

Cui Bono?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

The fur flies, interesting article.

Yup. It's not at all about support to terrorists.  That's just a smoke screen.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
There is a saying, "We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Henry_Temple,_3rd_Viscount_Palmerston