Author Topic: How'd that referendum on Trump work out?  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How'd that referendum on Trump work out?
« on: June 21, 2017, 02:06:30 pm »
How'd that referendum on Trump work out?
American Thinker, Jun 21, 2017, Monica Showalter

The special election in the 6th district of Georgia was universally billed 'a high-stakes referendum on Trump' in all the much-hyped build-up coming from the left and its media allies. Not a local election, not a fluke election. A moment-of-truth Referendum On Trump.

After all, weren't President Trump's poll numbers down? Didn't the 'resistance' put on a mega-protest show and continue its tantrum in all the days-of-rage riots on college campuses? Wasn't President Trump engulfed in scandal for colluding with the Russians to win the 2016 election that was rightfully Hillary Clinton's? Weren't the leftists whispering "President Pence"?

Rubbing their mousy hands together with glee, it's pretty clear the left thought it had a certain victory in the bag with that "narrative" along with a perfect post-election analysis no matter what the Georgia voters thought about it.

The Left wanted a referendum on Trump. Today, they got it.

More:  http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/06/howd_that_referendum_on_trump_work_out.html

Offline LMAO

Re: How'd that referendum on Trump work out?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 02:17:59 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia 

This election not only reflects the problems the Democrat Party has but also exposed more and more the anti-Trump bias in the press
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 02:30:17 pm »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 02:32:04 pm »
We need to be very careful with this.  Handel should have won ...um, handily.  The GOP margin is razor-thin and 2018 could be disastrous unless they get smart and increase the odds.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 02:40:48 pm »
We need to be very careful with this.  Handel should have won ...um, handily.  The GOP margin is razor-thin and 2018 could be disastrous unless they get smart and increase the odds.

Okay, that is one side of the argument. The OTHER side is the huge amount of money and the media biased for the dem.

So maybe it evens out and fair minded folks give FULL credit for the Republican's win.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 02:47:52 pm »
Okay, that is one side of the argument. The OTHER side is the huge amount of money and the media biased for the dem.

So maybe it evens out and fair minded folks give FULL credit for the Republican's win.

Oh, I agree that this was a good win.  We just need to be careful.  I don't think we're as strong as we want to think.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 02:48:42 pm »

Not saying we should become complacent mind you and I think you're correct your assertion that we need to be careful; but I am always suspicious of underhanded dealings (e.g. voter fraud) where Democrats are involved. Just my hunch, but the margin of victory likely wasn't as slim as it appears.
Not to mention the amount of money that Hollywood and other outside sources pumped in there to get the vote out. How many times are they willing to do that.

You're still right, though. We should always be intelligent and increase the odds, because the deck is stacked against us.
Barba non facit philosophum.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 02:48:51 pm »

Six points is not razor thin @Sanguine

And we don't need to be careful about anything.  The MSM, the whole of the Democrat Party and Hollywood combined to  make this a referendum on the President.  They poured $30M into this race and supplied foot soldiers to drag folks to the polls.  They even extending registration of new voters in the district through Monday.

They made this a referendum on the President .... and it was....even if the Democrats wished they'd kept their mouths shut.   888blackhat

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 02:54:57 pm »
Agree with both of you.

6 points is no razor thin margin, especially considering the money AND EFFORT the Dems threw at the race to get the vote out. It's a very handy victory.

However - there is zero harm in NOT being complacent. Complacency bites you on the ass when you least expect it - so lets not give it a chance.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 03:04:54 pm »
The democrats went all out, giving it their all. They spent the MOST money ever on a House race. They made it their goal, their focus.

Like Custer with his national media, and heavy saddle bags of gold, riding confidently to Little Big Horn, to settle this thing with the uppity locals, once and for all.

But alas, victory was AGAIN not to go to the dems on that sad day. The memories stand in stone, of the Georgia 6th.

FIRST GEORGIA WOMAN GOP HOUSE REP, EVER-EVER-EVER
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:08:06 pm by truth_seeker »

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 03:05:30 pm »
Agree with both of you.

6 points is no razor thin margin, especially considering the money AND EFFORT the Dems threw at the race to get the vote out. It's a very handy victory.

However - there is zero harm in NOT being complacent. Complacency bites you on the ass when you least expect it - so lets not give it a chance.

I'm not suggesting complacency.  I'm just taking a moment to enjoy a victory against the odds.

Hopefully now Congress will get their arses in gear.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 03:07:07 pm »
I'm not suggesting complacency.  I'm just taking a moment to enjoy a victory against the odds.

Enjoy away! If I still drank, I'd be pouring one myself.

Hopefully now Congress will get their arses in gear.

Miracles - those we can't do.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 03:09:04 pm »
Enjoy away! If I still drank, I'd be pouring one myself.

Miracles - those we can't do.  :tongue2:

Wish I had an argument for the miracles.   ^-^