Author Topic: Silicon Valley Invents Bus  (Read 485 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Silicon Valley Invents Bus
« on: June 21, 2017, 01:45:49 pm »
Lyft is testing out a new service called Lyft Shuttle, which runs at a lower cost than its usual it’s-not-a-taxi app, but runs on a preset route picking up at preset stops. You may be familiar with this concept already, as in other parts of the world that are not Silicon Valley, this is known as a “bus.”

I did not realize that the brightest minds of Silicon Valley were dead set on recreating a ~~disruptive~~ version of public transportation’s oldest idea until I saw our sister site Lifehacker review the new service in San Francisco

More: http://jalopnik.com/silicon-valley-invents-bus-1796221702

Jalopnik does sarcasm real good.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Silicon Valley Invents Bus
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:53:48 pm »
Driverless buses?

Looks like Silicon Valley finally jumped the shark.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Silicon Valley Invents Bus
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 02:39:25 pm »
The only thing that silicon valley has that the rest of the country doesn't is access to crazy investors.   People who will dump money onto the flimsiest of ideas flock to Silicon Valley to gamble on the next facebook, amazon, or ebay.  The developers there aren't any smarter or talented.   They lack discipline and ability to focus on something for longer then a few months.   

Zuckerburg isn't the next Einstein for stealing ....creating Facebook.   He simply won the lottery with a halfway decent idea that captured peoples interest.   

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.