Author Topic: Gigantic Stash of Nazi Memorabilia Found in Argentina  (Read 530 times)

rangerrebew

Gigantic Stash of Nazi Memorabilia Found in Argentina
« on: June 21, 2017, 08:37:58 am »
Gigantic Stash of Nazi Memorabilia Found in Argentina

By David Grossman
Jun 20, 2017

Roughly 75 Nazi artifacts have been discovered in Argentina, believed to once be the possession of high-ranking Nazi officials who had fled after the collapse of their government. It's the largest stash of Nazi memorabilia found in the country's history.

After Hitler's suicide and the collapse of the German Nazi government, officials who could escape often looked towards South America as a refuge. The country had remained neutral in World War 2, and like the United States, they salivated at the chance to harness the intelligence of Nazi scientists. Over 5,000 Nazis fled to the country, including now-infamous names like Josef Mengele and Adolf Eichmann.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a27005/nazi-trash-found-argentina/
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:38:48 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Gigantic Stash of Nazi Memorabilia Found in Argentina
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 09:08:23 am »
Looks more like someone just lost their collection of stuff to confiscatory officials. It'd be like me 'finding' money in your safe.

It the mentioned items have the provenance and associations that the ones mentioned in the article were claimed to have, they are likely worth quite a bit on the collector's market.
Among the finds, taken from a collector's home by Argentine officials and Interpol, are a large statue of the Nazi Eagle above a swastika, a Nazi hourglass, and a box of harmonicas, thought to be aimed towards Nazi youth.

I'm not sure what excuse was used to seize the hoard. The article doesn't say and misleadingly treats this like it had been found in a hole in the ground or a cave.

I don't agree with the actions or philosophies of the Nazis, but the destruction of things which are historical artifacts, or the seizure of such items in private hands is something I cannot agree with either.

Of course those items were in proximity to ranking Nazis, if the provenance claimed is provable (duh).

"Finding" the hoard in a collector's home proves the collector collected Nazi memorabilia, nothing more.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis