Author Topic: Grenfell Tower firefighters put out fridge blaze 'and were just leaving when flats erupted in flames'  (Read 1156 times)

Online DB

Firefighters had put out the initial fridge fire at Grenfell Tower and were leaving the building when the blaze suddenly flared up, it has emerged. Crews believed they had put out the fire at the London high-rise and were astonished to see flames rising up the side of the building, new reports have claimed. Shortly after dealing with the fridge fire early last Wednesday, firefighters were telling residents that it was out, BBC Panorama reported.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/20/grenfell-tower-firefighters-put-fridge-blaze-just-leaving-flats/

Online DB

@EC @Smokin Joe

So it looks like firefighters got the original refrigerator started fire out in the apartment but the fire was burning outside in the cladding where they couldn't see it from the inside. The cladding is what carried it floor to floor.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DB

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@EC @Smokin Joe

So it looks like firefighters got the original refrigerator started fire out in the apartment but the fire was burning outside in the cladding where they couldn't see it from the inside. The cladding is what carried it floor to floor.
Thanks. That's what it looks like. If that fire was in the space between the building and the cladding, by the time it had burned through to the outside, who knows how far up the building it had already spread.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/grenfell-tower-fire-conspiracy-theories-media-d-notice-msm-death-toll-cover-up-truth-a7798861.html

Journalist seeks to dispel the conspiratorial and cover-up views expressed by some and is successful doing so imo. I can see why people would be suspicious.