Author Topic: US-Qatar ink $12 billion military deal amid ongoing blockade  (Read 444 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US-Qatar ink $12 billion military deal amid ongoing blockade

The US and Qatar inked a $12 billion military deal for US-manufactured F-15 fighters, the Pentagon confirmed on Wednesday, as the Gulf state continues to face a blockade from its neighbouring countries 

US Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis and his Qatari counterpart Khalid al-Attiyah signed a letter of agreement on Wednesday.

"The $12-billion sale will give Qatar a state-of-the-art capability and increase security cooperation and interoperability between the United States and Qatar," the Pentagon said in a statement.

Mattis and al-Attiyah also discussed mutual security concerns, including the Islamic State group and "the importance of de-escalating tensions so all partners in the Gulf region can focus on next steps in meeting common goals."

Continued: https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/News/2017/6/15/US-Qatar-ink-12-billion-military-deal-amid-ongoing-blockade

Sometimes, foreign policy does seem like it is decided by a shadow government.
 :shrug: I don't know. 

Offline Suppressed

Re: US-Qatar ink $12 billion military deal amid ongoing blockade
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 03:42:11 am »
The Saudis are claiming it's all about sponsorship of terrorism, but that's a very thin lie.  I'm glad we're not abandoning Qatar.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn