Author Topic: BREAKING: Van ploughs down pedestrians near Mosque in Finsbury Park, north London  (Read 1584 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Daily Express' storyline is more telling than BBC's story, apparently, this is all just being reported, breaking news. So, the story is developing, we will see what the actual situation is.

BREAKING: Van ploughs down pedestrians near Mosque in Finsbury Park, north London
POLICE have reported there are a "number of casualties" after a vehicle drove through pedestrians near Finsbury Park Mosque in London.
By Nicole Stinson
PUBLISHED: 01:16, Mon, Jun 19, 2017 | UPDATED: 01:20, Mon, Jun 19, 2017

Officers were called to the scene on Seven Sisters Road just after 12.20am BST.

London Ambulance also responded to the scene and a number of casualties are being treated.

Read more at: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/818609/vehicle-pedestrians-london-finsbury-park-mosque-casualties-police-ambulance-emergency

Finsbury Park: 'Several hurt' as vehicle hits pedestrians

A vehicle has struck pedestrians "leaving a number of casualties" in north London, police said.

One person has been arrested following the incident on Seven Sisters Road in Finsbury Park.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40322960

Just basic information.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 12:31:32 am by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Breaking on CNN

(CNN)A vehicle hit pedestrians in London and there are "a number of casualties being worked on at the scene," according to authorities.

London's Metropolitan Police said it was called just after midnight Sunday to an incident on Seven Sisters Road. "There has been one person arrested. Inquiries continue. More information will be released when confirmed," police said in a statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/18/europe/urgent---london-vehicle-collision/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
There’s better coverage from the Telegraph with Twitter comments, pictures, etc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/19/finsbury-park-number-casualties-vehicle-hits-pedestrians-seven/
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 12:35:48 am by Freya »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Breaking on CNN

(CNN)A vehicle hit pedestrians in London and there are "a number of casualties being worked on at the scene," according to authorities.

London's Metropolitan Police said it was called just after midnight Sunday to an incident on Seven Sisters Road. "There has been one person arrested. Inquiries continue. More information will be released when confirmed," police said in a statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/18/europe/urgent---london-vehicle-collision/index.html

Looks like retaliation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4616452/Man-arrested-van-ploughs-people-outside-mosque.html

Offline rodamala

Looks like retaliation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4616452/Man-arrested-van-ploughs-people-outside-mosque.html

@Cripplecreek

Two people are feared dead after pedestrians were hit by a white van near a renowned north London mosque, in what is being described as a 'terrorist attack'.

Amazing... first paragraph they determined it was a "terrorist attack".

If it were actual terrorists, it would be non-stop hand-wringing over how to keep on the playbook with the Religion of Peace narrative.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The only ones describing it as a terrorist attack yet are the Muslim Council.

Getting witness stories now. Driver was white. Van was hired in Wales.

One witness said he came out of the van swinging a knife. Since a group of people grabbed him and held him til the cops arrived, that shouldn't be hard to confirm or deny.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Cops were on the scene almost instantly. There was a cop car passing as it happened. (Note: - a cop car passing Finsbury Park Mosque during Ramadan is not an unusual thing. They've cleaned out the nutters since the 2005 closure, but they still get watched.)

Offline TomSea

A HIRED van ploughed into Muslim worshippers near a mosque in London’s Finsbury Park in a suspected revenge terror attack.

Two worshippers were feared dead and around a dozen have been injured in what mosque chairman Mohammed Kozbar described as a “terrorist attack”.

- https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3829355/finsbury-park-attack-van-12-people-injured-muslim-mosque/

I know it's the Sun, they certainly get some scoops often. Will it be proven wrong? Well, my condolences to those hurt or killed in this incident. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Evening Standard is the only one saying stabbing happened and they're pulling back on the claim. Their witness seems to arrived at the scene 5 minutes after it happened.  :shrug:

I hate the first couple hours ....

Offline Mom MD

Remains to be seen what happened.  I hope this is not violence in retaliation, that never solves anything.  But the mosque crowd calling it terrorism so fast is a bit ironic.  Of course they are the experts in recognizing terrorism.....
God is still in control

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I fully expect it to be some idiot retaliating.

Having said that - it's a horrible junction even if you know the road, with about a crash a week anyways. The crashes are rarely serious - daytime speeds on Seven Sisters Road top out at about 6 MPH.  :shrug:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Counter terrorism units at the scene now.

Offline Mom MD

And just watch. One idiot retaliates after numerous terrorist incidents by the moslems, and we will hear nothing except the backlash against the poor innocent moslems 24/7 by both media and politicians.  We need to denounce it quickly and then get back to defeating terrorism.
God is still in control

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
One confirmed dead.

Official police statement:

Latest at 04:46hrs on 19 June

The investigation into the circumstances of the incident in Seven Sisters Road in Finsbury Park is ongoing.

Police were called just after 0020hrs 18 June to reports of a van in collision with pedestrians.

Officers attended alongside other emergency services and found and tended to a number of casualties.

One man was pronounced dead at the scene. Officers are in the process of informing next of kin. A post mortem examination will be scheduled due course.

Eight people injured were taken to three separate hospitals; two people were treated at the scene for minor injuries.

At this stage there are no reports of any persons having suffered any knife injuries.

The driver of the van - a man aged 48 - was found detained by members of public at the scene and then arrested by police in connection with the incident.

He has been taken to hospital as a precaution, and will be taken into custody once discharged. He will also be subject of a mental health assessment in due course.

A number police units are at, and managing the cordons around, the crime scene, including local officers and those from neighbouring boroughs - supported by armed officers and the Territorial Support Group.

The investigation of the incident is being carried out by the Counter Terrorism Command.

At this early stage of this investigation, no other suspects at the scene have been identified or reported to police, however the investigation continues.

Due to the nature of this incident extra policing resources have been deployed in order to reassure communities, especially those observing Ramadan.

Any witnesses, or anyone with any information, can contact police via 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.

To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.

When more information has been confirmed as accurate, it will be released as appropriate in due course.

Latest at 01:03hrs on 19 June

Police were called just after 0020hrs 18 June to reports of a vehicle in collision with pedestrians.

Officers are on scene with other emergency services.

There are a number of casualties being worked on at the scene.

There has been one person arrested.

Enquiries continue.

More information will be released when confirmed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And just watch. One idiot retaliates after numerous terrorist incidents by the moslems, and we will hear nothing except the backlash against the poor innocent moslems 24/7 by both media and politicians.  We need to denounce it quickly and then get back to defeating terrorism.
The only way that won't happen is if there is a direct tie to one of the terrorist incidents of late. If this man lost a wife, son, or daughter in one of those, they'll get mum about it real quick.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mom MD

The only way that won't happen is if there is a direct tie to one of the terrorist incidents of late. If this man lost a wife, son, or daughter in one of those, they'll get mum about it real quick.

I wish you were right, but I am afraid the media won't get mum about anything that plays into their script of how they see the world.  Even if this man was provoked, we will hear 24/7 about the persecution of the poor innocent moslems and not one word about the terrorism that caused the individual to snap.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:45:55 am by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline TomSea

I have no idea about this; unconfirmed.

Witnesses who spoke to Middle East Eye described the two men from the van who escaped from the scene also as white.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/uk-police-say-there-are-casualties-after-reports-vehicle-hitting-pedestrians-1850713058

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Police aren't looking for anyone else, per their statement posted at about 04:45 BST. While they play their cards VERY close to their chests, they don't outright lie in official statements.

There was an earlier witness report that two men had run off. There were also two witness reports of the driver stabbing people - despite no stabbing happening.

Not saying malice - it wasn't/isn't. Someone sees two people running away while the fight with the driver's going on - they reported what they saw.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:52:51 am by EC »

Offline NavyCanDo

For the last 3 days we saw the outrage and protest over the fire, and it was in my opinion justified. But where was the protest over the London bridge terrorist attack, which story faded quickly?  If this dose turn out to be a revenge killing, should we be shocked that some bozo totaly lost it?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
For the last 3 days we saw the outrage and protest over the fire, and it was in my opinion justified. But where was the protest over the London bridge terrorist attack, which story faded quickly?  If this dose turn out to be a revenge killing, should we be shocked that some bozo totaly lost it?

The outrage over this will be on the news for weeks.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

Mr Darcy Esq. @MrDarcyRevenge

I'm shocked that a white person would culturally appropriate muslims by running over innocent people with a van. #FinsburyPark
9:01 PM - 18 Jun 2017

https://twitter.com/MrDarcyRevenge/status/876620905874690048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbiasedbbc.org%2Fblog%2F2017%2F06%2F19%2Fstart-the-week-open-thread-129%2F

https://biasedbbc.org/blog/2017/06/19/start-the-week-open-thread-129/#comments

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Police aren't looking for anyone else, per their statement posted at about 04:45 BST. While they play their cards VERY close to their chests, they don't outright lie in official statements.

There was an earlier witness report that two men had run off. There were also two witness reports of the driver stabbing people - despite no stabbing happening.

Not saying malice - it wasn't/isn't. Someone sees two people running away while the fight with the driver's going on - they reported what they saw.
Running away might be a self-preservation instinct kicking in for a couple of non-muslims in a potentially nasty situation, not necessarily having had anything to do with the incident.

If no one was stabbed, that reduces the apparent malice, but accounts of the driver allegedly screaming "kill all Muslims" tend not to indicate a mere traffic accident.

I will wait for more information. If this was intentional, it was no more right than the attack on London Bridge.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Just a general note: Terror attack has lost it's quote marks on the BBC and on Sky.