Author Topic: Trump administration pushing to weaken Russia sanctions bill: report  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
President Trump’s White House is expected to push House Republicans to change the Senate’s Russia sanctions bill to make it more friendly to Russia, according to a new report.

A senior administration official said that the White House is concerned that the bill will hurt U.S.-Russia relations and the administration is hoping to work with Republicans in the House to soften the bill, Politico reported.

Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) told Politico that he has heard the Trump administration is asking House members to “slow and block” the legislation.

[snip]

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson appeared to express concern about the bill this week in a House Foreign Affairs hearing.

"I would urge Congress to ensure any legislation allows the president to have the flexibility to adjust sanctions," he told lawmakers.
(After the election I'll have more flexibility)

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338266-trump-administration-pushing-to-weaken-russia-sanctions-bill-report

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Trump administration pushing to weaken Russia sanctions bill: report
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 06:18:30 pm »
The Senate overwhelmingly passed legislation imposting new sanctions on Russia on Thursday with a 98-2 vote.

The legislation would impose new sanctions on Russian individuals tied to “malicious cyber activity” or Russia’s intelligence and defense sectors.

And the Trump (administration) objects.

It is exactly this crap from trump that makes my head to want to explode.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 07:02:49 pm »
The Senate overwhelmingly passed legislation imposting new sanctions on Russia on Thursday with a 98-2 vote.

The legislation would impose new sanctions on Russian individuals tied to “malicious cyber activity” or Russia’s intelligence and defense sectors.

And the Trump (administration) objects.

It is exactly this crap from trump that makes my head to want to explode.

Exactly. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 07:10:46 pm »

Reagan with Gorbachev at his California ranch
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 07:55:30 pm »

-- Redacted --

Reagan was tougher with the Soviets than anyone else of my lifetime. Despite being personally friendly with Gorbachev, Reagan had no problem showing some temper and snapping at him.

Unfortunately we've gone from a president who was afraid of Putin to one who has a crush on him.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:28:41 pm by Mod2 »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 10:10:57 pm »
 :facepalm2:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 10:18:13 pm »
Reagan was tougher with the Soviets than anyone else of my lifetime. Despite being personally friendly with Gorbachev, Reagan had no problem showing some temper and snapping at him.

Unfortunately we've gone from a president who was afraid of Putin to one who has a crush on him.

Plus the classic from Reagan: "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

I still lol at that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley