Author Topic: Migrant arrests at Arizona aid camp raise worries of more deaths in the desert  (Read 576 times)

rangerrebew

Migrant arrests at Arizona aid camp raise worries of more deaths in the desert
USA Today Network Ronald J. Hansen, The Arizona Republic Published 10:26 p.m. MT June 16, 2017 | Updated 10:26 p.m. MT June 16, 2017

PHOENIX — The arrests of four people at a desert-aid camp for migrants Thursday may suggest a more aggressive border control policy taking shape in southern Arizona and could deter some from seeking help as a scorching heat wave approaches.

The arrests at a camp in Arivaca, which was established to prevent the deaths of migrants crossing Arizona's desert, came after federal authorities monitored the aid station for about two days, said Emma Buck, a volunteer with No More Deaths, which operates the site.

http://www.daily-times.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/17/migrant-arrests-arizona-aid-camp-raise-worries-more-deaths-desert/405838001/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 01:45:39 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They still have a choice. Stay home, or take a chance. If they think they are going to die or get arrested, they still get to choose.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Right, Joe.

There's a price that may have to be paid for running the border.
If some are forced to pay it, I'm not going to be losing any sleep over it.