Author Topic: Tying Human As Shield Not To Be Made Standard Operating Procedure: Army Chief Bipin Rawat  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Suppressed

Tying Human As Shield Not To Be Made Standard Operating Procedure: Army Chief Bipin Rawat
"We are concerned about human rights and we make sure rights of people are not violated," Army Chief General Bipin Rawat told reporters on the sidelines of an event.
All India | Press Trust of India | Updated: June 18, 2017 00:47 IST

General Bipin Rawat was in Hyderabad as the chief guest at the combined graduation parade.

HYDERABAD:  Army Chief General Bipin Rawat today said the incident of a Kashmiri man being used as a 'human shield' against stone throwers was circumstances-based and could not be made a standard operating procedure to deal with such situations. He also said "misinformation and disinformation" was being spread among the people of Jammu and Kashmir, compelling the younger generation to pick up arms against the security forces.

Commenting on Major Leetul Gogoi, who had tied the man to a jeep purportedly as a shield against stone throwers, General Rawat said, "Everything and every action that we take is considering the nature of task that we are expected to carry out under the circumstances."

"But we are concerned about human rights and we make sure rights of people are not violated," he told reporters on the sidelines of an event.

General Rawat was in Hyderabad as the chief guest at the combined graduation parade, marking the completion of the pre-commissioning training of Indian Air Force flight cadets at the Air Force Academy, Dundigal.

When asked whether it (human shield incident) could be made a standard operating procedure (SOP), the Army chief said, "No... It is not... What I am saying is it is not considered... I said it depends on the circumstances. It is circumstances-based. Each one takes action based on the circumstances, but the effort is to make sure that human rights violations are not there."

Excerpt.  Read more at http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/human-shields-not-to-be-made-standard-operating-procedure-army-chief-general-bipin-rawat-1713630
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I said it depends on the circumstances.

:silly:

I shouldn't laugh, I know. It is SOP for moslems.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

My father said advancing ChiCom troops would march the population of whole villages in front of them to hide behind.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

But he is, of couse, Hindu.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
But he is, of couse, Hindu.

My point is that the moslems do it. Kashmir is majority moslem. I am going to go careening wildly off the rails throwing logic and facts to the wind and bet the farm the guy that got tied to the jeep was the enemy.

New Delhi: Major Leetul Gogoi, who had tied a man to a jeep in Kashmir purportedly as a shield against stone pelters, has been honoured with the Army chief's 'Commendation Card' for his 'sustained efforts' in counter-insurgency operations.

Fight fire with fire.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
That's a great image, Fred (in post 2 above)!

Saved it!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's a great image, Fred (in post 2 above)!

Saved it!
I recall reading somewhere they used to have their wives follow in trail. Someone had noticed the women going first and asked if that heralded a change in their society. The answer was "No. Land mines."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rodamala

@EC

Crazy.  That was the first thing I thought of as well.