Author Topic: Ted Nugent once said Obama should ‘suck on my machine gun.’ Now he wants to tone down the ‘hateful rhetoric’  (Read 816 times)

Offline corbe

Ted Nugent once said Obama should ‘suck on my machine gun.’ Now he wants to tone down the ‘hateful rhetoric’

By Herman Wong 
 June 17 at 7:00 AM    

Longtime rocker Ted Nugent speaks to a crowd of Greg Abbott supporters during a campaign stop in Wichita Falls, Tex., Feb. 18, 2014. (Torin Halsey/Associated Press)

Musician Ted Nugent is known for speaking his mind about the Second Amendment and hunting, but especially on politicians. He once said then-Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama should “suck my machine gun.” When President Obama was running for reelection in 2012, the rocker said during the National Rifle Association convention that, “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.” The statement attracted the attention of the Secret Service.

But after Wednesday's shooting at a congressional baseball practice, Nugent has decided to be “more selective with my rants and in my words.”

“At the tender age of 69, my wife has convinced me I just can’t use those harsh terms,” he said on the 77 WABC radio program Thursday. “I cannot and will not and I encourage even my friends, slash, enemies on the left, in the Democrat and liberal world, that we have got to be civil to each other.”

“I'm not going to engage in that kind of hateful rhetoric anymore.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/06/17/ted-nugent-once-said-obama-should-suck-on-my-machine-gun-now-he-wants-to-tone-down-the-hateful-rhetoric/?utm_term=.b192f615b0d7
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Only a fool doesn't learn from their past.

Having said that I don't expect nice will accomplish much since most conservatives have been very nice and respectful.  Look at the tea party.

Maybe it's time to go occupy or blm on the leftists.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline corbe

Only a fool doesn't learn from their past.

Having said that I don't expect nice will accomplish much since most conservatives have been very nice and respectful.  Look at the tea party.

Maybe it's time to go occupy or blm on the leftists.

Good points @driftdiver The Tea Party's dying embers were the 'Trump' movement, begun by his futile attempt at Birtherism, after that Horse was out of the Barn, I may add, IMHO

As nasty as some of US 'Conservatives' have been to most Trumpsters, our common enemy has always been the Left and you will see that if they try and Impeach OUR President.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
   Good points @driftdiver The Tea Party's dying embers were the 'Trump' movement, begun by his futile attempt at Birtherism, after that Horse was out of the Barn, I may add, IMHO

As nasty as some of US 'Conservatives' have been to most Trumpsters, our common enemy has always been the Left and you will see that if they try and Impeach OUR President.
Some of us have been Conservatives since Reagan days, and the points you mention, were just stops along the way.

I say about my own congressman,, Rohrabacher, "..he was tea Party, before there was a Tea Party."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I guess my chances with Sarah Palin are gone too.  This is a black day for me.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Ted's a great guy.  He once wrote this beautiful love song called "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang"

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:25:25 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »