Author Topic: Did the media FOOL everyone about Trump’s butt-kissing cabinet meeting?  (Read 268 times)

Offline corbe

Did the media FOOL everyone about Trump’s butt-kissing cabinet meeting?

Jun. 17, 2017 3:50 pm by SooperMexican

I’m sure you all saw this story. It was really funny, everyone had a joke about it, even Chuck Schumer’s video on it was pretty clever. But some are wondering if the media pulled a fast one on the public in reporting that Trump forced his cabinet to kiss his butt at their first full meeting before the press.

Andrew Ferguson at Weekly Standard sounded the “fake news” alarm:
“…I did what I, as a proud consumer of the mainstream liberal press, am not supposed to do. I second-guessed the mainstream liberal press. I watched the video of the cabinet meeting, all twenty-damn-five minutes of it, and I discovered that every story I had read or heard or seen that morning about the cabinet meeting was, as a whole, wrong or misleading, and in many particulars, just wrong.”
It’s a good article, he details how so many in the media exaggerated what they saw to fit their perspective that Trump is an autocratic dictator. But they’re not supposed to bend the facts to fit their story, they’re supposed to draw a story accurately representing the facts.

EVEN JONAH GOLDBERG, celebrated former reformed Never Trumper, and prolific Twitter user, pointed out that part of the fault was in the media acting like reality show producers:
Don’t get me wrong: Donald Trump’s need for praise is a real thing, so much so he has to invent it or pluck it from random Twitter-feed suck ups. (Remember when he told the AP that “some people said” his address to Congress “was the single best speech ever made in that chamber”?) So, yeah, Trump acts like a reality-show character, but much of the political press is covering him like they’re reality-show producers.
Read more: http://therightscoop.com/did-the-media-fool-everyone-about-trumps-butt-kissing-cabinet-meeting/#ixzz4kIkh6LmV

Editor’s note: Some MEXICAN screwed up and said National Review when he meant Weekly Standard. We have docked him a week’s worth of tacos. That is not racist, because the editor is Mexican too.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.