Author Topic: Dem: Congress will begin impeachment if Trump fires Mueller, Rosenstein  (Read 13202 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem: Congress will begin impeachment if Trump fires Mueller, Rosenstein
By Brandon Carter - 06/17/17 08:02 AM EDT

Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) said Friday that Congress would come together and “begin impeachment proceedings” against President Trump if he fired special counsel Robert Mueller and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

“All Americans, regardless of party, agree on the fundamental principle that no one is above the law,” Lieu said on MSNBC. “And if President Trump were to fire Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein, and then [get] special counsel Mueller fired, I believe Congress would begin impeachment proceedings.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/338244-dem-lawmaker-congress-would-begin-impeachment-if-trump-fired-mueller
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SailB

From what I understand, it would just be a waste of time as nothing would come of it.  Like Clinton. 

Offline libertybele

The DEMS and the leftist mental midgets will not rest until impeachment proceedings are brought against this president.  After all there was a warning of impeachment even before he was sworn in!  I don't think (at least at this point in time) they will be successful.  However, the RINO's in Congress have never ceased to surprise me and they may very well go along with it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I would fire Mueller today. I like Mueller, and I have no problem with what he is doing. I would fire him anyway, just to stuff it down the Democrats throat.

Impeach me! Bitch! Bring it on you bastards!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This must be the most absurd scandal I have seen in 50 years of following politics. The POTUS is being investigated by a special prosecutor for obstructing justice in a case where no crime would have been committed even if he had done what is alleged, and there is no evidence he did squat.  In fact, the whole thing was initiated based on a completely bogus document likely produced by the Clinton dirty tricks division. 

In short, this is an establishment attempt to rein in Trump and keep him from doing what he was elected to do, dismantle the managerial state and put the people back in charge of their own lives.

Trump can't fire Rosenstein and Mueller fast enough, IMHO.  The media will squeal and yelp, but Trump's popularity will increase and congress will have to do its own investigation if it is at all interested in this goofy charade.

This president, any president, is entitled an opportunity to govern.  So far, Trump has been denied that opportunity by those with vested interests that are 180 degrees from those of the American taxpayer. 

Trump's last chance is at hand. I say he should use the constitutional authority the people gave him, and drain both Rosenstein and Mueller from the swamp.

Oceander

This must be the most absurd scandal I have seen in 50 years of following politics. The POTUS is being investigated by a special prosecutor for obstructing justice in a case where no crime would have been committed even if he had done what is alleged, and there is no evidence he did squat.  In fact, the whole thing was initiated based on a completely bogus document likely produced by the Clinton dirty tricks division. 

In short, this is an establishment attempt to rein in Trump and keep him from doing what he was elected to do, dismantle the managerial state and put the people back in charge of their own lives.

Trump can't fire Rosenstein and Mueller fast enough, IMHO.  The media will squeal and yelp, but Trump's popularity will increase and congress will have to do its own investigation if it is at all interested in this goofy charade.

This president, any president, is entitled an opportunity to govern.  So far, Trump has been denied that opportunity by those with vested interests that are 180 degrees from those of the American taxpayer. 

Trump's last chance is at hand. I say he should use the constitutional authority the people gave him, and drain both Rosenstein and Mueller from the swamp.

Trump hasn't been particularly interested in governing in any event.  Wasting time mentally vomiting up on twitter seems to be much more interesting to him than actually governing. 

Offline endicom

The DEMS and the leftist mental midgets will not rest until impeachment proceedings are brought against this president.

Casting a Nixonian cloud over his head could be better than impeachment as the impeachment process might exonerate him in the public mind.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump should bring articles of Impeachment against himself. I would.

We have to bring closure to this insane idiotic crap the Democrats are doing. Who gets impeached in 90 days? What the hell is this?

Alright. OK. You want to impeach me then do it. Do it! Let me see what you got! Bastards!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Great take, Victor!

I realize being in love is terrific....but geez....please post more often!    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Trump should bring articles of Impeachment against himself. I would.

We have to bring closure to this insane idiotic crap the Democrats are doing. Who gets impeached in 90 days? What the hell is this?

Alright. OK. You want to impeach me then do it. Do it! Let me see what you got! Bastards!

How would he go about doing that?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
How would he go about doing that?

We all know that none of this is serious. All the Democrats want to do is to obstruct. They want to delay, defer, postpone anything Trump tries to do.

Trump should get the hell off of Twitter, and start taking these guys on. Impeach me MFer! Do it. I am waiting for you.

We have to end this stalemate that the Democrats have so carefully constructed.

Offline Victoria33

Trump hasn't been particularly interested in governing in any event.  Wasting time mentally vomiting up on twitter seems to be much more interesting to him than actually governing.
@Oceander

Trump's history is, from the time he was old enough to sue someone, he has had court cases ongoing since that time and getting sued in return for his scalping companies who did work for him; and personally attacking people every single day; that has been his life and it isn't going to change.  No one can keep him off twitter as that is his life blood to him; using twitter to attack.  Rule:  don't expect a person with a mental disorder to be normal.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:42:34 pm by Victoria33 »

Oceander

We all know that none of this is serious. All the Democrats want to do is to obstruct. They want to delay, defer, postpone anything Trump tries to do.

Trump should get the hell off of Twitter, and start taking these guys on. Impeach me MFer! Do it. I am waiting for you.

We have to end this stalemate that the Democrats have so carefully constructed.

But how is he going to bring articles of impeachment against himself?

Offline Hoodat

Just curious.  What would be their basis for impeachment (other than Trump being a Republican)?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Oceander

Just curious.  What would be their basis for impeachment (other than Trump being a Republican)?

Obstruction of justice. 

Offline Hoodat

Obstruction of justice.

How so?  Where is the obstruction?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Oceander

How so?  Where is the obstruction?

Trying to interfere with an ongoing investigation.  Do not forget that impeachment is political and therefore doesn't require a criminal act. 

And yes, trying to stifle an investigation into one of his friends is something a president could very well get into trouble for. 

Trump should have kept his damned mouth shut. 

Offline Victoria33

Obstruction of justice.
@Oceander

He has tried obstruction of justice throughout his life by attacking judges in public.  All judges were not "fair" to him.  And, remember, he attacked, in public, one judge born in the United States, who he said was "unfair" because his ancestors came from Mexico.  I believe, Trump considers the whole world is "unfair" to him.  Can you say, "crybaby"?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
But how is he going to bring articles of impeachment against himself?

Just make up your own law, like Hussein did for eight years. Just simply make it up. It worked in the past.

If you want to do something. THEN DO IT! I am definitely pro-impeachment Hell Yes.

Let's get his ass impeached. I am 100% behind the Democrats on this.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:03:22 pm by 240B »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Absolutely spot on Victor and the SOLE purpose of it all is to prevent any and all swamp draining!  Trump is a nuclear missile aimed directly at the swamp and the swamp dwellers ALL know it!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:12:12 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

goopo

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Oceander

He has tried obstruction of justice throughout his life by attacking judges in public.  All judges were not "fair" to him.  And, remember, he attacked, in public, one judge born in the United States, who he said was "unfair" because his ancestors came from Mexico.  I believe, Trump considers the whole world is "unfair" to him.  Can you say, "crybaby"?

Can you say "wrong"?

Offline libertybele

..." In fact, the whole thing was initiated based on a completely bogus document likely produced by the Clinton dirty tricks division....Trump can't fire Rosenstein and Mueller fast enough..."

:amen:  AND  :amen:  :patriot:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

I am torn on this.  On one hand, firing Mueller and Rosenstein would seem to be the common sense thing to do, considering their obvious anti-Trump bias.  However.... it is probably too late to do so now.... and firing Mueller & Rosenstein is exactly what the radical left and RINO Trump haters want him to do. 

So I would have to say...hell no.   Let them muck about, wasting taxpayer money trying to find something, anything, with which to hang Trump on.... and let Trump point that out to voting taxpayers...

every.. single.. day.   

Trump should rub their noses in it.... re: how the Dems (America's enemy within) are wasting time, money and energy trying to destroy a duly elected president..... even while America's enemies without are busily making plans to destroy us. 

No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.