Author Topic: This Terrifying, Toothy 'Monster' Is the World's Deepest Living Predator  (Read 1020 times)

rangerrebew

This Terrifying, Toothy 'Monster' Is the World's Deepest Living Predator
By Laura Geggel, Senior Writer | June 14, 2017 06:50am ET

Lizard fish got their names because they bear a resemblance to lizards.

In the inky darkness of the ocean's abyss swims the world's deepest living superpredator: a fish with a long, eel-like body; the face of a lizard; and a mouth full of sharp teeth.

Scientists aboard a research vessel unexpectedly found the so-called lizard fish while trawling (dragging a net underwater) off the coast of eastern Australia on June 4, according to a blog post on the Australian Marine Biodiversity Hub.

https://www.livescience.com/59474-lizard-fish-is-deepest-living-superpredator.html
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 12:24:47 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

It's an ugly SOB.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It's an ugly SOB.

Yeah, and too scrawny to fillet and get a meal out of.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Oceander

Yeah, and too scrawny to fillet and get a meal out of.

The article says the meat is "too mushy" to eat anyways.  Whatever that means. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The article says the meat is "too mushy" to eat anyways.  Whatever that means.

Ever tried to cook Chilean Sea Bass (Patgonian Rock Fish)?  Hard to keep intact or move without crumbling.  I am guessing this one once gutted/filleted probably close to melts.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Aquariums have tried putting shallow-water lizard fish — a sister group of the deep-water lizard fish — in viewing tanks with other fish, but "they eat everything in there," Sparks said. "They don't make good aquarium pets."

rangerrebew

It's an ugly SOB.

Actually, I think it is the perfect poster animal for the democrat party. :whistle:

Oceander

Actually, I think it is the perfect poster animal for the democrat party. :whistle:

Like I said ....