Author Topic: McDonald's ends Olympics sponsorship deal early  (Read 607 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
McDonald's ends Olympics sponsorship deal early
« on: June 17, 2017, 11:15:31 am »
U.S. fast-food giant McDonald's has ended its 41-year-long Olympic Games sponsorship deal three years early, the International Olympic Committee said on Friday.

McDonald's, a sponsor since 1976 and part of the IOC's top sponsors program that contributes more than $1 billion in every four-year cycle for the Games, had a contract running through the 2020 Tokyo summer Olympics.

"In today's rapidly evolving business landscape, we understand that McDonald's is looking to focus on different business priorities," Timmo Lumme, managing director of IOC Television and Marketing Services, said in a statement.

Financial terms of the separation were not disclosed.

While it is unusual for an Olympic sponsor to leave early, sponsors change regularly within the IOC's top program. The most recent addition was China's Alibaba, which signed a deal in January for a partnership through 2028.

More: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/16/mcdonalds-ends-olympics-sponsorship-deal-early.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

Re: McDonald's ends Olympics sponsorship deal early
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 03:32:49 am »
Wow! Good for them.  Always lowers my opinion of a company if it becomes the Official _____ of the Olympic Scam.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn