Author Topic: Texas oil jobs surge  (Read 819 times)

Offline thackney

Texas oil jobs surge
« on: June 16, 2017, 06:10:39 pm »
Texas oil jobs surge
http://oilpro.com/post/31634/texas-oil-jobs-surge
6/16/2017

According to a report released Thursday by the Dallas Fed, oil company payrolls increased by 3,800 jobs nationwide in April. The vast majority of that development came in Texas, and in particular in the Permian Basin where the shale industry revolution is in full swing.

The jump in hiring numbers marks the fifth month in a row of increases in Texas oil patch jobs. A breakdown of the increase saw 920 people hired in the exploration field with an additional 2,380 brought on board by oil field services companies. The continued rehabilitation of the oil industry job market comes after the 2014 downturn that saw one in every three oil workers lose their job in Texas.

Analysts do predict the surge in drilling and job production to subside in 2018 if oil prices continue to stay below $45..,
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Texas oil jobs surge
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 07:23:51 pm »
BOOM, bust, BOOM, bust

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Texas oil jobs surge
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 07:53:04 pm »
BOOM, bust, BOOM, bust
Add 2 more cycles to that, and that is what I saw in my +40 years in O&G.  Some hit harder than others.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington