Author Topic: FDA approves new, cheaper rival to EpiPen allergy shot  (Read 1106 times)

rangerrebew

FDA approves new, cheaper rival to EpiPen allergy shot
« on: June 16, 2017, 11:35:45 am »
FDA approves new, cheaper rival to EpiPen allergy shot
June 16, 2017 by Linda A. Johnson

U.S. regulators have approved new competition for EpiPen, the emergency allergy medicine that made Mylan a poster child for pharmaceutical company greed.

The Food and Drug Administration on Thursday approved Adamis Pharmaceuticals Corp.'s product, which should go on sale later this year.

Symjepi is a syringe prefilled with the hormone epinephrine, which helps stop life-threatening allergic reactions from insect stings and bites, foods such as nuts and eggs, or certain medications.

Read more at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-06-fda-cheaper-rival-epipen-allergy.html#jCp

Offline Applewood

Re: FDA approves new, cheaper rival to EpiPen allergy shot
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 02:08:13 pm »
Good.   

And I hope Mylan chokes on their ill-gotten profits. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 02:11:57 pm »
Good.   

And I hope Mylan chokes on their ill-gotten profits.

Mylan in the past year provided a textbook example of a PR disaster.  Might as well had Ron Burgundy as corporate spokesman.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 02:17:59 pm »
If the steps for delivery of the drug is the same as with the "Epipen" We will request the Symjepi alternative. 

Die Mylar die.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 02:18:30 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 02:23:20 pm »
Let me know when they offer one of these pens with Heroin.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 02:38:43 pm »
Meanwhile, it appears that Mylan has introduced their own generic version of the EpiPen:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 04:46:18 pm »
Meanwhile, it appears that Mylan has introduced their own generic version of the EpiPen:

At near the  same time the FDA approves alternative vendors........   How convenient.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 07:26:42 pm »

There is competition out there, but doctors may not know about the alternatives,  or they may be receiving some compensation from Mylan, so they will prescribe Epi Pen routinely.  Or the alternatives are not covered by insurance.  Honestly, I think Mylan has tried to downplay and stifle the competition, so only their product will appear to be the only alternative.  Certainly, it seems that the company has the lock on advertising.  Have you seen other such pens advertised?  I don't recall ever seeing a commercial or print ad for any ofbthem. So most people don't even know alternatives are out there.  My hope is that this new, cheaper product will blow Mylan out of the water and kill off this virtual monopoly.  Certainly, the insurance companies, always on the lookout for the cheaper medicines will embrace this newer, less expensive product, so insurance won't be a problem. Gives the patient a choice.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 09:34:41 am »