Author Topic: The Moundbuilders: North America’s Little-known Native Architects  (Read 637 times)

rangerrebew

14 June, 2017 - 14:02 Mark Miller
The Moundbuilders: North America’s Little-known Native Architects

The prehistoric people of Central and South America are known worldwide for their fantastic architectural and cultural achievements. However, North American natives are not known as great builders. But that does not mean they didn’t build.

It also doesn’t mean that they didn’t have civilizations. Many cultures of pre-European-contact North America did settle down in cities and practice agriculture and have sophisticated religions and ceremonial sites. Some even made copper and iron artifacts, and metallurgy has long been considered a sign of advanced accomplishment.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:35:30 am by rangerrebew »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: The Moundbuilders: North America’s Little-known Native Architects
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:44:15 am »
14 June, 2017 - 14:02 Mark Miller

The prehistoric people of Central and South America are known worldwide for their fantastic architectural and cultural achievements. However, North American natives are not known as great builders. But that does not mean they didn’t build.

It also doesn’t mean that they didn’t have civilizations. Many cultures of pre-European-contact North America did settle down in cities and practice agriculture and have sophisticated religions and ceremonial sites. Some even made copper and iron artifacts, and metallurgy has long been considered a sign of advanced accomplishment.

Some very interesting stuff.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley