Author Topic: Group set to try controversial technique to bring back people declared clinically dead  (Read 923 times)

rangerrebew

Group set to try controversial technique to bring back people declared clinically dead
June 5, 2017 by Bob Yirka report

(Medical Xpress)—Officials with a Philadelphia-based company called Bioquark have announced that they are close to commencing clinical trials of a controversial procedure to be performed on people who have been declared clinically dead. The trials will be conducted to ascertain whether a series of therapies administered to a technically dead person can bring them back to life.

Company CEO Ira Pastor has told the press that he expects his company to begin conducting clinical trials on patients in an unidentified country in South America "very soon." He and orthopedic surgeon Himanshu Bansal made news late last year when they attempted to conduct similar trials in India. The Indian Council of Medical Research shut down such talk shortly thereafter, prompting the company to look elsewhere.

Read more at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-06-group-controversial-technique-people-declared.html#jCp

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I've seen this movie.

It doesn't end well.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Mom MD

15 days???  The body is going to stink after 2!  This is madness.  Lets hope this never gets a trial.  It will do nothing to restore circulation or respiration anyway, and sounds not only stupid, but demonic.....
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 07:13:51 am by Mom MD »
God is still in control

rangerrebew

Mortals trying to play God?

Offline dfwgator

Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad!
Homer: Did you wreck the car?
Bart: No!
Homer: Did you raise the dead?
Lisa: Yes!
Homer: But the car's okay?
Kids: Uh-huh.
Homer: All right then.

Offline Suppressed

Mortals trying to play God?

Every surgeon does thst.  Every man who jumps aside from a falling boulder does that.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline skeeter

I've seen this movie.

It doesn't end well.

Sounds like Monkeys Paw.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Is this part of a democrat voter registration project?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Polly Ticks

It appears from the article that by "clinically dead" they really mean "brain dead":
There will also likely be an issue getting family members to agree to allow a brain-dead loved one to undergo such a procedure—the group reportedly had few if any takers when they were still working in India.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra