Author Topic: School: Students May Not Pray or Mention Jesus  (Read 967 times)

rangerrebew

School: Students May Not Pray or Mention Jesus
« on: June 14, 2017, 08:21:39 pm »

By Todd Starnes Published on June 13, 2017

Moriah Bridges wanted to thank God for His immeasurable blessings on Beaver High School’s graduating class. But she could not, because she was told it was against the law.

The Pennsylvania teenager wanted to offer thanksgiving to the Almighty for parents and coaches and teachers. But again, she could not, because she was told it was against the law.

https://stream.org/school-students-may-not-pray-mention-jesus/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:22:24 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: School: Students May Not Pray or Mention Jesus
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:51:33 pm »
Even 5 years ago I would have thought this a travesty. Now with the Muslims, Satanists, etc., playing this game, unless it's a private group I'm not all that in favor of group prayer anymore at a school event. I'd rather have it totally secular than open the barn door to everyone else wanting a piece of the game.
The Republic is lost.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 08:55:29 pm »
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Now, I've always thought that was pretty clearly applicable to Congress, not the state/county/city legislatures, but the world hasn't seemed to agree with me.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:57:45 pm by InHeavenThereIsNoBeer »
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 11:53:04 pm »

By Todd Starnes Published on June 13, 2017

Moriah Bridges wanted to thank God for His immeasurable blessings on Beaver High School’s graduating class. But she could not, because she was told it was against the law.

The Pennsylvania teenager wanted to offer thanksgiving to the Almighty for parents and coaches and teachers. But again, she could not, because she was told it was against the law.

https://stream.org/school-students-may-not-pray-mention-jesus/

I thank God Almighty we found a great public school in the country that still has sanity.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 12:00:17 am »
Jesus Christ, you mean we can't say "Jesus Christ"?
Countdown to Resignation

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 01:08:32 am »
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Now, I've always thought that was pretty clearly applicable to Congress, not the state/county/city legislatures, but the world hasn't seemed to agree with me.

Because freedom of speech is incorporated via the 14th amendment in the concept of ordered liberty. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 02:20:13 am »
Free Vulcan wrote:
"Now with the Muslims, Satanists, etc., playing this game, unless it's a private group I'm not all that in favor of group prayer anymore at a school event. I'd rather have it totally secular than open the barn door to everyone else wanting a piece of the game."

...And that's EXACTLY what the left wants you to think.
That's precisely how they defeat Christianity and force us into a secular world.
By declaring all religious expression "equal" (which you seem willing to swallow), then "equally" banning it ALL. And in doing so, they win.

I'm a "cultural bigot" -- and I admit this voluntarily and don't care what you think about it.

There was a time when Judeo/Christian beliefs could be taught openly in America's schools without fear of silencing or retribution. And that was back when the nation was culturally homogeneous and racially so, as well. You may not think that was a better time. I do.

We continue to drift (perhaps it's a "forced" drift) away from that, ever leftward, ever towards some new cultural paradigm.

I want to see that drift stopped, then reversed.

I'll ask the same question here as I continually pose in topics regarding islam:
Who's winning?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 08:00:59 am »
Jesus Christ, you mean we can't say "Jesus Christ"?
Yabbut, I bet that doesn't stop them from saying "G_d D@mnit!"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 02:08:16 pm »
Free Vulcan wrote:
"Now with the Muslims, Satanists, etc., playing this game, unless it's a private group I'm not all that in favor of group prayer anymore at a school event. I'd rather have it totally secular than open the barn door to everyone else wanting a piece of the game."

...And that's EXACTLY what the left wants you to think.
That's precisely how they defeat Christianity and force us into a secular world.
By declaring all religious expression "equal" (which you seem willing to swallow), then "equally" banning it ALL. And in doing so, they win.

I'm a "cultural bigot" -- and I admit this voluntarily and don't care what you think about it.

There was a time when Judeo/Christian beliefs could be taught openly in America's schools without fear of silencing or retribution. And that was back when the nation was culturally homogeneous and racially so, as well. You may not think that was a better time. I do.

We continue to drift (perhaps it's a "forced" drift) away from that, ever leftward, ever towards some new cultural paradigm.

I want to see that drift stopped, then reversed.

I'll ask the same question here as I continually pose in topics regarding islam:
Who's winning?

The problem is you have schools all over that are promoting Islam in the schools while limiting Christianity, and getting away with it. It's not a perfect solution, just a defensive move, but I'd rather not have kids allowed to give a Christian prayer at a graduation than full blown indoctrination of Islam at schools or a Satanist Christmas display.

This would not affect any private gathering on school, just keep the virus from spreading in the public setting. I don't know of any other way to do it in this climate.
The Republic is lost.