Author Topic: Russian Cyber Hacks on U.S. Electoral System Far Wider Than Previously Known  (Read 989 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Russia’s cyberattack on the U.S. electoral system before Donald Trump’s election was far more widespread than has been publicly revealed, including incursions into voter databases and software systems in almost twice as many states as previously reported.

In Illinois, investigators found evidence that cyber intruders tried to delete or alter voter data. The hackers accessed software designed to be used by poll workers on Election Day, and in at least one state accessed a campaign finance database. Details of the wave of attacks, in the summer and fall of 2016, were provided by three people with direct knowledge of the U.S. investigation into the matter. In all, the Russian hackers hit systems in a total of 39 states, one of them said......

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-13/russian-breach-of-39-states-threatens-future-u-s-elections

Offline NavyCanDo

Obama may have been as deep or deeper into this than Trump. Im reminded of the meeting he had with Putin in which he wispered he would have more flexibility àfter the election.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Obama may have been as deep or deeper into this than Trump. Im reminded of the meeting he had with Putin in which he wispered he would have more flexibility àfter the election.

I agree. Hillary was neck deep into Putin's wallet. Those that want to shut this down or deny everything because they think it is just about Trump miss that it may lead elsewhere.

It would not make sense that any of these entities didn't try to hack the election. It is just a matter of how it was used by our side. Of course Russia, China, and others will do anything they can to influence and buy influence. If one completely denies it happens, that falls under the 'me think they doth protest too much' scenario.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
When expert hackers can cover their tracks and leave "evidence" that points to others- how will we ever know who hacked? I don't trust our rulers.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Somebody should have paid attention when we were complaining about all the Russian trolls during the primaries.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
bookmark
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley