Author Topic: Rush: We Have Evidence That Loretta Lynch Obstructed Justice  (Read 696 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/06/13/we-have-evidence-that-loretta-lynch-obstructed-justice/

We Have Evidence That Loretta Lynch Obstructed Justice

Jun 13, 2017

RUSH: This is Hugh in Jacksonville, Florida. Welcome, sir. Glad you waited. I know it’s a big thrill to be with us, and it’s great to have you here.

CALLER: Rush, thank you for taking my call. It’s a real pleasure to talk to you. I want to thank you for all of your logical and rational analysis of a plethora of issues. But, anyway, here’s my question, that with all these politicians and media pundits who are trying to draw analogies between Watergate and this current situation —

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: — why are they not focusing on the similarities that do exist, and namely, the Comey leaks and what happened in Watergate. A guy by the name of Mark Felt, who was the associate director back then, who was passed over after Hoover died, who later was identified 30 years later as Deep Throat for Woodward and Bernstein. There was the Nixon administration, there was obstruction, there was cover-up. There is no evidence that we see of any such cover-up or obstruction in this current situation. So why is no one talking about the reality of the similarities rather than trying to trump something up?

RUSH: Well, look, I understand the point that you’re making here if you want to draw similarities to Watergate. But let’s not forget, everybody loved Deep Throat. Woodward and Bernstein loved Deep Throat. People wanted to know who Deep Throat was for years, Hal Holbrook wasn’t enough to satisfy everybody in the movie, they wanted to know who he was.

And when he was announced, Mark Felt, half the people alive at the time said, “Who?” They were let down! Mark Felt? Some FBI gumshoe? Oh, no. They were hoping for somebody powerful that they knew. It turns out that Mark Felt had begun leaking against Nixon ’cause he was mad that Nixon didn’t name him FBI director. It was purely personal. And you do have similarities.

By the way, folks, I don’t know, but as I continue to learn things about this, and as I continue to absorb things and read more things, it’s hard not to think that James Comey has leaked a lot more than just one memo. I went back and looked at some of the news stories that site high-place sources in American law enforcement, high-place government officials in the intelligence community, and some of the things that were leaked would be things only somebody in the FBI would know.

And since Comey has admitted to leaking this memo of his to his law school buddy at Columbia, I mean, if it’s happened once, it’s likely to have happened again and again and certainly could happen again and again. I know Comey may be a more prodigious leaker than anybody has considered. But he’s also loved and adored just like Mark Felt was, just exactly. Not held in any negative esteem at all.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay, now, I have audio sound bites of Trump in another meeting with senators, and it is… Well, Cookie, could you give me some of the senators in the meeting, too? ‘Cause I think they’re women. It’s a meeting on Obamacare. It’s a luncheon meeting, and Trump is speaking about Obamacare. We have that. I’m gonna do something else here first. If any of these senators spoke… Because the media is going after this meeting again like they did with the cabinet meeting yesterday, and I’m assuming that’s because some senators spoke up glowingly or positively of Trump. I don’t know that that happened. But if they did, give me some of that too.

In the meantime, ladies and gentlemen, the only evidence that we have of obstruction happens to be Loretta Lynch’s attempt to obstruct the investigation into Hillary Clinton. The only evidence we have of an election being rigged is the Democrat primary. We’re now — after a year of nothing — trying to… I don’t think they were ever trying to convict Trump on collusion. I think they were trying to convict him in the court of public opinion and set up the necessary political realities to impeach him, but it failed. They knew Trump did not collude.

That’s another thing about this past year: There’s some people that need to be held to account for what we have been put through this past year. They knew from the get-go that Trump was not being investigated in connection with collusion, and yet they — from Comey on down to the Democrats and the media — did everything they could to lie to the American people and convince us that Trump was the target, because Trump had colluded. They were just looking for the evidence. All along, they knew Trump was not a target, and he was not being treated as such.

Let’s say six months. Nine months. For nine months we have been misled, lied to, fake news, what have you — the entire country, folks — and look what it’s led to. Look at the hatred they have ginned up for Trump out there in their lunatic base. Look at what it’s done to people who are already unstable like Kathy Griffin and the entertainment community, these people making fools of themselves with Shakespeare in the Park, and some of these other actors and Hollywood people.

They have been driven to sheer madness in their hatred for Trump because of the lying fake news reported about Trump. I mean, if you’re a liberal Democrat and you really care and you’ve been told that Trump stole the election from your candidate — if you really believe that because your media is convincing you that Trump did it — and if your attorney general, your FBI director going out of their way to convince you that Donald Trump’s hands are dirty and he colluded? All the while, they knew Trump hadn’t done anything, nothing sufficient to even investigate? He wasn’t even a target? I think this is such a big deal! You’ll forgive my redundancy here.

It’s such a big deal, and every one of these people who were trying to indict Trump over the last nine months knew that he was not a target. Senators on these investigation committees like Pencil Neck, Adam Schiff, had to know Trump was not a target. Look at all the press conferences he did. “We need to get to the bottom of this.” “Do you have any evidence?” “No, sir. That’s why we need to investigate.” DiFi: “Have you seen any evidence of collusion?” “No. That’s why the investigation is ongoing.” But the investigation wasn’t about Trump.

And all of these people knew it! The left has driven their base crazy, and they’re now doing plays in the park about assassinating Trump. Kathy Griffin with the decapitated Trump head as a photo-op joke. The media and the Democrat Party are turning their voters into asylum residents, and they’re being driven mad. They have been led to believe that everybody’s gonna get goods on Trump, that we’re gonna get rid of Trump, that Trump stole the election. I will guarantee you this: A large percentage of the rank-and-file of the Democrat Party, are not critical thinkers. They just believe it.

They believed the polls showed Hillary was gonna win big. They believed the polls. They believed all the news. They believed everything that Trump had no prayer. Trump was a reprobate. Trump was this and that. Everything they believed stood right up and hit ’em right between the eyes, and they continue to be lied to by people saying, “We’re gonna get Trump! Trump colluded with the Russians. Russia stole the election. Trump helped climate change,” all these things. And nothing happens! The media gets their money out of these people. The Democrats get their money out of these people. They drive ’em mad; they drive ’em insane.

They create these expectations based on lies. The Democrat base was never, ever gonna have Trump frog-marched out in shackles. Trump was never even being investigated. They didn’t know that, they were being lied to, and when the day hits that it’s become clear Trump was never even being investigated, can you imagine? Can you just the rage they felt after nine months of being convinced it was just a matter of time before Trump was in jail? So now, we’re off to this obstruction business. And the only evidence, the only obstruction that happened was Loretta Lynch attempting to obstruct the investigation into Hillary and her emails and the server.

And the only election rigging we have is the Democrat National Committee rigging the primaries for Hillary and against Bernie Sanders. Now Bernie Sanders is still so ticked about it, understandably, he wants to start a brand-new party! He wants to vanish from the Democrat Party. He wants to start something brand-new, because he thinks, along with Thomas E. Edsall in the New York Times the other day that the Democrat Party is toast. And, in one sense, they are. But that is overshadowed by the media. Let’s look at the Loretta Lynch obstruction, because we know that happened, and Comey has admitted to it.

We don’t have any evidence of Trump obstruction. We don’t even have a consensus agreement that Trump asking Comey to let the Flynn thing go was obstruction. They’re trying to once again create that impression in people’s minds. They better be very careful because their base donors and their base voters, I don’t think can handle many more of these rising expectations and assurances that Trump is gonna be put in jail, only to find there’s no evidence he did anything wrong. At some point, these people are gonna crack, and they’re not gonna just start cutting heads off of dolls, and they’re not gonna just start using fake knives to stab people in Central Park.

If this keeps up — if the media and the Democrat Party continue to raise these phony, fraudulent expectations on the part of these people on the left — they can only take being disappointed and totally let down for so long and for so much. If — heaven help us — the independent counsel (snorts) ever started looking at real obstruction, he would find it with Loretta Lynch and Comey. Some of the best work on this has been done by Sara Carter and John Solomon at Circa News. Solomon used to be at the AP, and he stood out. Ten or 12 years ago, he stood out because he was not a Drive-By reporter. It’s one of the reasons why he’s not there.

He’s been at the Washington Times. He’s traveled around, and finally now he and Sara Carter are Circa News. And he’s got this story. “Comey Got ‘Steely Silence’ After Confronting Loretta Lynch About Clinton’s Email Probe.”

Here’s how this story goes. “Ex-FBI Director James Comey has privately told members of Congress that he had a frosty exchange with Obama Attorney General Loretta Lynch last year when he confronted her about possible political interference in the Hillary Clinton email investigation after showing Lynch a sensitive document she was unaware the FBI possessed, according to sources who were directly briefed on the matter.”

You remember, Comey said that Loretta Lynch approached him and asked him to stop calling this Hillary thing an investigation and instead to call it a matter. This was when Hillary was answering questions: No, it’s not an investigation, it’s a security review. There’s no investigation. “Investigation” is a bad, bad word. And Loretta Lynch went to Comey and asked him to call it a “matter,” and he admitted to that.

“During his testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee last Thursday, Comey alluded to the exchange after publicly discussing an encounter with Lynch, where she ordered him not to refer to the criminal probe of Clinton’ handling of classified emails not as an ‘investigation’ but rather as a ‘matter.’

“In multiple private sessions over the last few months, Comey has told lawmakers about a second, later confrontation with Lynch shortly before the email probe was shut down. Comey told lawmakers in the close door session that he confronted Lynch with a highly sensitive piece of evidence, a communication between two political figures that suggested Lynch had agreed to put the kibosh on any prosecution of Clinton.

“Comey said ‘the attorney general looked at the document then looked up with a steely silence that lasted for some time, then asked him if he had any other business with her and if not that he should leave her office.’ Comey ‘took that interaction and the fact she had met with Bill Clinton as enough reason to decide he would not allow the Justice Department,” i.e., Loretta Lynch, “to decide the fate” of the Hillary case.

And instead he, Comey, super Comey, would go in and save the day since Loretta Lynch obviously was compromised, was trying to instruct, Comey would go save the day with his July 5th press conference and offer his own assessment that the FBI could not prove Mrs. Clinton intended to violate the law when she was trafficking in classified information. “Another source said the ‘tarmac meeting was the public excuse for not going to Lynch when all along there was other evidence that was more concerning to Comey.'”

Now, folks, bear in mind here, Comey only seems to have mentioned this as an excuse for going public on July 5th. But this doesn’t makes sense to me and if you’re a little confused, don’t worry, I’m gonna go through this again and simplify it. But I don’t understand something. Something here doesn’t make big sense. If indeed Comey thought Loretta Lynch was obstructing his investigation by telling him to refer to it as a matter and by refusing to deal with the memo Comey had which said that Lynch was going to put the kibosh on the investigation and basically shut it down — that means shut Comey down — why would Comey, in the face of her obstruction, why would he go out and close the case like he did on July 5th?

This doesn’t make any sense to me. If anything, if he thinks Loretta Lynch is trying to obstruct the investigation into Hillary, which she was, it seems to me he would go out on July 5th and explain why the case should not be closed and why he wasn’t closing it. And he lists the evidence of laws that she has broken, and screw this intend business, and announce that the investigation was ongoing. Why close it down, when Loretta Lynch is obstructing it and you have a memo, Comey has a memo, claiming she’s gonna put the kibosh on it?

Is Comey wanting to be the one who got the credit for putting the kibosh on it? Were there medals to be given to loyal Democrats here for stopping this investigation? Why do this? If Comey’s actually investigating bad guys who are breaking the law trying to shut down obstruction, then he would not want to help Lynch put the kibosh on the investigation. Yet that’s what he did.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, Judiciary Committee members are calling for Loretta Lynch to testify in Hillary’s emails, and Dianne Feinstein — I don’t think they’re serious about it. I think this is being done to create the visual appearance of a Senate Judiciary Committee Democrat member seeking fairness, seeking an investigation of any and all. The target’s Trump. The target is not Loretta Lynch. But I’m just telling you, Loretta Lynch obstructed the Hillary investigation at least twice. Meeting with Clinton on the tarmac in Phoenix was obstruction. And from that moment she should have recused herself.

Now, she didn’t recuse herself, but she took herself out of it. Recusal means she’s literally gone, cannot have a thing to say about it. All she did was transfer it to Comey and others. She could still jump back in any time she wanted ’cause she didn’t recuse. The other time was approaching Comey and saying, “Look, don’t call this an investigation. It’s not an investigation. It’s a matter.”

Now, this document that Comey had, it has come under lot of suspicion. You might, in hearing about the story, some are saying that that document — I kid you not — this is the document that Comey took to Lynch after she had told him to stop calling it an “investigation,” call it a “matter.” After that he took this document to her, and the document said, it was intelligence that she was gonna put the kibosh on the Hillary investigation, and that’s where she just stared at him, stared at him and told him to get out of her office.

Now, some are saying that that document is a fake that Comey fell for. Some are saying that it is a fake document produced by guess who? The Russians. I’m not kidding. Intelligence community sources are saying that there is no real document saying that Loretta Lynch intended to put the kibosh on the Hillary investigation. It’s a fake thing put together by the Russians.

That doesn’t matter. What matters is Comey thought it was real and took it to her, at which point she reacted by staring at him and saying nothing and then ordering him out of her office. So don’t fall for whether or not — I don’t think it was a fake, but even if it was, doesn’t matter; Comey didn’t think it was fake, he thought it was real and acted on it, and she reacted.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By the way, folks, there’s one other really important aspect to this entire sordid tale of Loretta Lynch attempting to obstruct the FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton. Now, we know that that happened. With Trump, they’re trying to manufacture — they’re trying to create out of whole cloth — obstruction, because nine months of collusion bombed out on them. So now they’ve moved on to… Why do I want to say “constipation”? Obstruction. But with Loretta Lynch, we know that it happened. We know that after she met on the tarmac with Clinton, she told Comey to stop calling it an “investigation;” to call it a “matter.”

Remember there’s the third element: Is Comey in possession of the memo that claimed to say — an intelligence memo claiming — Loretta Lynch was gonna put the kibosh on his investigation of Hillary’s email server (that whole thing, trafficking in classified data) and he presented that to her? Now, there are people running around saying, “No, that memo was fake. The Russians created that memo, and Comey fell for it.” And others are saying, “No, Comey didn’t fall for it. He knew it was fake.” None of that matters.

The fact is, Comey acted on it as though it were true by taking it to Loretta Lynch. So don’t get sidetracked by people who you’re gonna hear categorize this memo as fake and phony and part of Russian obstruction, because it only matters who Comey believed and what he did with it, and he treated it as real. I don’t care whether he knew it was fake or not. I don’t know what… I don’t think it’s fake, but it doesn’t matter because Comey acted on it as though it were real. He took it up to her, and that’s where she stared at him icily and didn’t say anything for a while and then told him to get out of her office.

Well, there’s one little tidbit about this.

Lindsey Grahamnesty was on one of the Sunday shows, and he said that James Comey did not tell lawmakers that this document — this email claiming Loretta Lynch was gonna put the kibosh on the Hillary investigation — was fake, as the FBI reportedly believed. The FBI believed from the get-go it was fake, but Comey reportedly thought it was real. Again, that doesn’t matter ’cause he acted on it as though were real. He took it up to her. Comey did not, in private session, tell any of these congressional committees that the email that forced him to intervene and shut down the case and do his July 5th press conference was fake.

He did not tell them that it was fake. He made members of Congress believe it was real. The FBI is now trying to tell everybody it was fake. The importance of that is there are people now trying to save Loretta Lynch by saying, “No! This document saying she was gonna stop the Hillary investigation? It was fake.” Again, it doesn’t matter. Comey acted on it with her as though it were real, and then he testified in private session. This is why he did his July 5th press conference, but he didn’t tell them, and Lindsey Graham’s ticked off that he didn’t tell them that the memo was fake. Because if the memo was fake…

This is Lindsey Graham’s point of view: If the memo is fake and Comey treated it as real, then he attempted to hornswoggle or buffalo or fool Loretta Lynch. He went up to her, in Lindsey Graham’s view, with a fake document that he knew was fake and got her to react accordingly — and then intervened himself and shut down the case, shut down the investigation, closed the case. Graham wants to know why they weren’t told by Comey that the memo was fake. Now, the importance here is if the memo was fake and Comey knew it, then Comey pulled a real fast one to intervene and take over the case from Loretta Lynch with a fake document.

Again, what I don’t understand about this — and everything I’ve told you is as simplified as I can make it. It really may sound like it’s in the weeds, but it isn’t. But the thing that I don’t get, that I don’t understand is why? If Comey thinks that she’s gonna shut down the investigation, he obviously thinks that she shouldn’t. I mean, if she’s gonna engage in obstruction, why did Comey join her? Why did Comey go out, take over the investigation, do the July 5th press conference, and basically list her crime and then say they aren’t crimes ’cause she didn’t intend to commit them and case closed?

“No reasonable prosecutor would ever pursue these charges.” Bammo! Open-shut case. Why? Unless — and this is a stretch. Unless there’s somebody somewhere handing out merit badges for shutting down investigations into Democrats, and Comey wanted the credit for it instead of letting Lynch get it. Now, I know that may sound kind of crazy, but would somebody explain to me seriously why in the world you got this…? I mean, Comey’s who? He’s Superman. He’s Mr. Integrity. He’s Mr. Morality. He’s Jimmy Stewart!

He’s the epitome of morality and virtue, and he has learned that his boss — the attorney general — is gonna intervene and shut down a legitimate investigation he’s conducting, and his reaction is to go shut it down before she can? Why? This doesn’t make sense. Unless… (interruption) Well, but wait. (interruption) To keep his job, yeah. (interruption) Okay, and get the news out to affect the election. But he didn’t want Hillary to lose! Can we not conclude that he was not for Trump, by virtue of the fact that he exonerated her in this?

Yeah, he listed her charges and all that, and I know on September 27th he reopens the case and so forth. I think we’re dealing with… (interruption) Well, he might play both sides. I think we’re dealing with a little megalomania here, at least a desire to be seen as the powerbroker, the guy who holds the question of the next president in the palm of his hand. In that town and with as poisonous as the pursuit of power can be, I wouldn’t discard anything here. It just is kind of odd. James Comey said “he thought the Russians were going to release these emails. That’s why he jumped in and took over Loretta Lynch’s job.

“I want to know: Is that true?” Lindsey Graham’s point is if the memo is fake and the Russians did it, then it was the Russians attempting to embarrass Loretta Lynch. So Comey intervenes and takes the heat so that Loretta Lynch doesn’t. I don’t know. The only thing that appears abundantly clear to me, is that seeking the truth of what happened may not be what’s going on here. That instead, a lot of people are trying to score points and engage in CYA, and it seems like everybody in the establishment is focused and oriented on getting Trump and there’s a contest to see who can tall do it and thus get the credit for it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I got a note from my old buddy Mark Levin who has an idea on this. His suggestion is that everybody involved here — Lynch and Comey — wanted Hillary cleared. And the existence of this memo claiming that Lynch was gonna put the kibosh on the investigation was a problem, not for Lynch, but for the objective of clearing Hillary.

So Comey takes it up and shows it to her. She’s already tainted because she’s had the meeting with Slick Willie on the tarmac, and she’s already told Comey to stop calling it an investigation and instead call it a matter. So the theory is everybody involved here wanted Hillary cleared. I mean, she’s a Democrat nominee. Nobody is going to charge the Democrat nominee for president at that stage, it just isn’t gonna happen. Nobody wants that on their resume. You talk about becoming a target.

So the objective was to clear her. Comey thinks, here in our hypothetical, Comey thinks that Lynch is too tainted to pull it off. That if Lynch had gone out there and did the press conference that Comey did, that there’d be hell to pay because she’s already tainted. She’d met with Slick Willie and some of these other things which will come out, that she told Comey to stop calling it an investigation. So Comey, who at that point in time was not tainted and was still considered to be Mr. Wonderful and Mr. Everything, did it himself in order to clear Hillary with total credibility.

That’s a good theory and it could well be the case.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34