Author Topic: Cat House  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

Cat House
« on: June 13, 2017, 06:53:20 am »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Cat House
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 06:57:53 am »
Kitty house of my dreams. Ping

@Hopalong Ginsberg
@rodamala
@Suppressed
@To-Whose-Benefit?
@Applewood
@CatherineofAragon
@EC
@Cyber Liberty
@jmyrlefuller

@ConstitutionRose

If you would like to be on the kitty ping list, let me know.

88888walking kitty 8888sitting kitty
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:36:23 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline rodamala

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 09:26:15 am »
I can only imagine the smell.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 10:03:22 am »
That is one of the more horrible places I've seen.  **nononono*
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 11:28:51 am »
Every room is like an optical illusion.  Good grief...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 12:21:38 pm »
I love my kittehs, but I'd have to say no.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 01:24:15 pm »
I love my kittehs, but I'd have to say no.

Same here.  When I first became a cat servant, well meaning friends bought me all kind of cat decorations.  Finally had to tell them all oto stop.  I love my cats, but I don't need all that stuff.    Got to be so much excess clutter. Ick!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 01:26:48 pm »
Same here.  When I first became a cat servant, well meaning friends bought me all kind of cat decorations.  Finally had to tell them all oto stop.  I love my cats, but I don't need all that stuff.    Got to be so much excess clutter. Ick!

Only thing we have specifically for the cats is a large scratching post in the lounge (they last 3 months before they're in shreds - Fleabag has very sharp and large claws) and a laser pointer.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 01:45:45 pm »
What  strikes me the most about this house is all the wood ruined by paint.  If you decided to strip out all the cat decor you're left with a bunch of fluorescent green and pink painted logs that cannot be stripped and stained.  What's the point of having a log home if you paint everything?   $240K fail.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 01:54:39 pm »
That was disappointing.  You click on a link expecting one thing and you get something totally different.  :(
Very misleading topic  headline.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 01:58:17 pm »
Interesting decor.  **nononono*

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 02:30:41 pm »
@Freya
@EC
@CatherineofAragon

That house reminds me of another house when I got my Yorkie when she was three weeks old.  I saw the ad in the paper, Yorkies for sale. $600.  It was about 15 miles from my house so I drove there.  The road went into the country and houses were seen less and less.  I began to think I should have brought someone with me.  I saw men working on a church and stopped there to ask them where this house was as I was now in a secluded area.  They directed me to the house.

I got out of my car and a man came out of the door.  I went there and he asked me if I was afraid of dogs.  I said, "No, if they are Yorkies".  He opened the door and I went in and was immediately surrounded by Yorkies of every size, jumping on my legs.  There were 45 Yorkies living in that house - 45 - and they all were jumping on me.  He took me in the kitchen and I sat on a tall chair to get out of the dogs.

The woman went into a room and brought back this tiny Yorkie.  She handed her to me and she stuck her head down into my crook of my elbow and didn't move.  I thought she was saying, "Get me the hell out of here."  She gave me the papers on the dog, I gave her $600 cash and left.  I had brought a dog carrier and put the dog in that and went directly to a vet near my house.  I made an appointment to take this dog there the next day.  I went home and put this dog in a new small pink dog bed.  She was home.  I named her Prissy since my dad almost named me Priscilla.  My mom said no, people will call her Prissy.  Later, my mom said I was prissy so they should have named me that.

That house was full of dogs everywhere you looked.  The woman told me this little dog would not sleep with the others, that she stayed and slept next to the fireplace.  She was so tiny, no wonder she wanted away from those bigger dogs.  That was a bad place for me to be with all those dogs - I would have wanted to be away from them, too.

This is my dog house story to go along with the pictures of your cat house story.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 03:45:25 pm »
@Victoria33

:laugh: And she's been grateful to you every day since.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 09:51:21 pm »
@Victoria33

I'm glad you got Prissy.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 10:59:34 pm »
@Victoria33

Great story. 

Where I live, a house like that would have been reported to the authorities and the animals would have been seized.  Many municipalities have limits on how many pets you can have. But I suppose things are different in the country.

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 12:00:20 pm »
Only thing we have specifically for the cats is a large scratching post in the lounge (they last 3 months before they're in shreds - Fleabag has very sharp and large claws) and a laser pointer.

@EC

I grew up with cats, and my dad always used to get a piece of log for them to scratch on.  They loved those logs...maybe it was the outdoor smell they carried.  They would claw the bark right off.

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 12:05:36 pm »
 8888crybaby
@Freya
@EC
@CatherineofAragon

That house reminds me of another house when I got my Yorkie when she was three weeks old.  I saw the ad in the paper, Yorkies for sale. $600.  It was about 15 miles from my house so I drove there.  The road went into the country and houses were seen less and less.  I began to think I should have brought someone with me.  I saw men working on a church and stopped there to ask them where this house was as I was now in a secluded area.  They directed me to the house.

I got out of my car and a man came out of the door.  I went there and he asked me if I was afraid of dogs.  I said, "No, if they are Yorkies".  He opened the door and I went in and was immediately surrounded by Yorkies of every size, jumping on my legs.  There were 45 Yorkies living in that house - 45 - and they all were jumping on me.  He took me in the kitchen and I sat on a tall chair to get out of the dogs.

The woman went into a room and brought back this tiny Yorkie.  She handed her to me and she stuck her head down into my crook of my elbow and didn't move.  I thought she was saying, "Get me the hell out of here."  She gave me the papers on the dog, I gave her $600 cash and left.  I had brought a dog carrier and put the dog in that and went directly to a vet near my house.  I made an appointment to take this dog there the next day.  I went home and put this dog in a new small pink dog bed.  She was home.  I named her Prissy since my dad almost named me Priscilla.  My mom said no, people will call her Prissy.  Later, my mom said I was prissy so they should have named me that.

That house was full of dogs everywhere you looked.  The woman told me this little dog would not sleep with the others, that she stayed and slept next to the fireplace.  She was so tiny, no wonder she wanted away from those bigger dogs.  That was a bad place for me to be with all those dogs - I would have wanted to be away from them, too.

This is my dog house story to go along with the pictures of your cat house story.

@Victoria33

I'm so glad you got her out of there.  Poor little baby, she was waiting for you to rescue her.

People like that enrage me.