Author Topic: Iconic Investor Jim Rogers: Biggest Crash In My Lifetime In The Next Two Years  (Read 1396 times)

Online mountaineer

Iconic Investor Rogers: Biggest Crash In My Lifetime In The Next Two Years
Full article at Daily Wire
According to iconic investor Jim Rogers, 74, within two years the biggest market crash since the Great Depression of 1929 is going to thunder across the world.

As an example of how savvy Rogers has been, in 1973, George Soros and Rogers founded the Quantum Fund; between 1970 and 1980, the portfolio gained 4200% while the S&P advanced roughly 47%.

Speaking with Business Insider’s CEO Henry Blodget on "The Bottom Line," Rogers issued his apocalyptic prediction. ...
... Blodget: Well, yeah, TV ratings do seem to go up during crashes but then they completely disappear when everyone is obliterated, so no one is hoping for that. So when is this going to happen?

Rogers: Later this year or next. 

Blodget: Later this year or next?

Rogers: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Write it down.

Blodget: And what will trigger it?

Rogers: Well, it’s interesting because these things always start where we’re not looking. In 2007, Iceland went broke. People said, ‘Iceland? Is that a country? They have a market?’ And then Ireland went broke. And then Bear Stearns went broke. And Lehman Brothers went broke. They spiral like that. Always happens where we’re not looking. I don’t know. It could be an American pension plan that goes broke and many of them are broke, as you know. It could be some country we’re not watching. It could be all sorts of things. It could be war. Unlikely to be war but it’s going to be something. When you’re watching Business Insider and you see, ‘That’s so interesting. I didn’t know that company could go broke.’ It goes broke. Send me an email and then I’ll start watching.

Blodget: And how big a crash could we be looking at?

Rogers: It’s going to be the worst in your lifetime.   ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Also reported at Business Insider:
JIM ROGERS: The worst crash in our lifetime is coming 2 / 10
Jacqui Frank
6 hrs ago

Legendary investor Jim Rogers sat down with Business Insider CEO Henry Blodget on this week's episode of The Bottom Line. Rogers predicts a market crash in the next few years. One that he says will rival anything he has seen in his lifetime. Following is a

Blodget: One of the things I’ve always admired about you as an investor is that you don’t talk about what should be. You figure out what is going to be and then, you do that. So what is going to be with respect to the stock market? What’s going to happen?

Rogers: I learned very early in my investing careers: I better not invest in what I want. I better invest in what’s happening in the world. Otherwise, I’ll be broke. Dead broke. Well, what’s going to happen is it’s going to continue. Some stocks in America are turning into a bubble. The bubble’s gonna come. Then it’s gonna collapse and you should be very worried. But Henry, this is good for you. Because someone has to report it. So you have job security. You’re a lucky soul.   ... Full story

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes, scary prediction.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So buy my book on How to Survive the Coming Global Cataclysm! /sarc
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

So buy my book on How to Survive the Coming Global Cataclysm! /sarc
I was wondering how to get through it.  :laugh:

Offline endicom

"George Soros and Rogers founded the Quantum Fund"

Is that an endorsement or an indictment?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Tend to agree. When the economy starts turning down going into the next recession....look out. The world financial situation is very precarious.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Markets do go up, and markets to go down.  Over the long haul, they go up.

Vastly wealthy ones like Buffet do not trade. They buy and hold.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Markets do go up, and markets to go down.  Over the long haul, they go up.

Vastly wealthy ones like Buffet do not trade. They buy and hold.

It really helps when the banks get a few QE's to stuff into the equity bubble and keep real estate ballooned.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis