Author Topic: Rush: Does This Sound Like a Man Who Ran the Nation’s Most Powerful Law Enforcement Agency?  (Read 618 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/06/09/does-this-sound-like-a-man-who-ran-the-nations-most-powerful-law-enforcement-agency/

Does This Sound Like a Man Who Ran the Nation’s Most Powerful Law Enforcement Agency?

Jun 9, 2017

RUSH: To the audio sound bites! We have a couple montages of Comey we put together after the testimony yesterday. We have one that’s very short, just 10 seconds — it was a rush job (no pun intended) — and then one that’s a little bit longer. Here’s the first one…

COMEY: It was an absolutely cowardly way… I was also confused. … I was honestly concerned. … It was a surprise. … gave me a queasy feeling. … I could be wrong. … I could be wrong. … I could be wrong.

RUSH: He said that nine times yesterday, by the way. “Although I could be wrong. I might be wrong. I could very well be wrong.” Nine times. You know what that is? CYA, baby! CYA. (impression) “I could be wrong. What I think happened here, Senator, is that Trump’s a pig. I could be wrong, but I think the president’s a liar. I could be wrong, but I just feared I wouldn’t get the truth out of him and I had to write these memos because I know the president’s a liar. I could be wrong.” We had a caller yesterday who said Comey sounded like a Millennial whining girl.

Remember that caller? I remembered it. I’ve got a story here in the Stack. It’s actually CNN, Mark Bauerlein, professor of English at Emory University, senior editor of the journal First Things and author of The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future. He believes that Comey is too sensitive for his own good. You know, I made the point yesterday. I called them the Boys Nation.

What is this? We didn’t have an FBI director that sounded like he ran the nation’s most powerful law enforcement agency. We didn’t have a guy that sounded like that at all. And this guy, Mark Bauerlein, writes, “During his testimony, James Comey didn’t sound like the head of a fearsome investigative agency. He sounded like a middle manager in business who’s just attended a human resources seminar on inappropriate behavior in the workplace.” We had a caller that basically said the same thing, so we thought we’d put together a montage about it.

COMEY: The shifting explanations confused me and increasingly concerned me. … They confused me. … That didn’t make sense to me. a very disturbing thing, very concerning. … It caused a whole lot of personal pain for me. … confused me and concerned me. … I was honestly concerned. … made me uneasy. … I was so uneasy. … This is a (dramatic pause) very disturbing development. … Lordy! … It was kind of a slightly cowardly way. … shocked and troubled. … never experienced such a thing. … very concerned. … I was a bit stunned. … You know, I don’t want to make you sound like I’m Captain Courageous. … What came to my mind is, “Be careful.” …

I very, very much… my serious concern. … I woke up in the middle of the night. … He couldn’t possibly be having dinner with me alone. … Why did he kick everybody out of the Oval Office? … I was worried the media was campin’ at the end of my driveway. … I was worried it would be like feeding seagulls. … It rings in my ears, kind of: “Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?” … concerned me. … You look back in hindsight, you think, “Should I have resisted harder?” … That gave me a queasy feeling. … extraordinarily difficult and painful. … got very awkward. … I could always be wrong. … Again, I could be wrong. … Now, look, I — I — I could be wrong. … I could be wrong.

RUSH: Is this not amazing? Now, I gotta take a break, but the part where he says, “I woke up in the middle of the night. … He can’t possibly be having dinner with me alone!” He’s the one that first suggested it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34