Author Topic: Karl Rove: ‘Trump lacks the focus or self-discipline to do the basic work required of a president’  (Read 1101 times)

Offline corbe

Karl Rove: ‘Trump lacks the focus or self-discipline to do the basic work required of a president’

By Max Greenwood  - 06/08/17 10:04 PM EDT 

Karl Rove, a former senior adviser to President George W. Bush, slammed President Trump on Wednesday, saying that the real estate mogul "lacks the focus or self-discipline to do the basic work required of a president."

"His chronic impulsiveness is apparently unstoppable and clearly self-defeating," Rove wrote in an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal. "Mr. Trump may have mastered the modes of communication, but not the substance, thereby sabotaging his own agenda."

Rove took particular aim at a series of tweets launched by Trump on Monday that appeared to undermine his Justice Department's argument for an executive order barring citizens of six Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/337077-karl-rove-trump-lacks-the-focus-or-self-discipline-to-do-the
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online dfwgator

Offline endicom

What did your discipline help accomplish, Rove? A greatly expanded government? Runaway spending? Endless, aimless wars?

Offline corbe

I promise you all that if I could have found an appropriate Comedy Thread on TBR I would have posted this, there.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline rodamala

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Nah, he's just a moron.

Offline corbe

By not capitalizing the 'P' in President in the headline ol' Max is being disrespectful of the Trumpsters around here, I've learned my Lesson.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Karl Rove: ‘Trump lacks the focus or self-discipline to do the basic work required of a president’

I can remember when the moniker "magnificent bastard" was used to describe Rove.  He's now become a living breathing joke.

From Rommel to Gump in matter of a decade.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

All you TEXAS haters out there, this one ain't ours, he's from Colorado.

Offline Frank Cannon

What basic work is that Karl? Creating massive bureaucracies that do nothing but trample on peoples rights or starting multi-generational wars that do nothing but drive US solvency off the cliff?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Shut up Karl and go back to doing what you are good at!  Direct mail!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
No matter his merits in past deeds, Karl's pretty much right.

Unless Trump drastically changes, his Presidency will be lost.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand

Back in my days selling printing I scooped up a pretty penny thanks to Karl, all his work was rush, rush, overnight.  Besides accumulating the down payment for a nice house there were secondary benefits as well.  Turns out being invited to political gatherings comes complete with a few pleasant surprises, not the least of which is an open bar.  Thanks Karl.

Sorry for the side track, now back to Rove bashing . . .

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
No matter his merits in past deeds, Karl's pretty much right.

Unless Trump drastically changes, his Presidency will be lost.

Everything trumpers believe is a false dichotomy. The media lies so Putin must be honest. If you don't support Trump you must support Clinton etc.

I guess more complex concepts are too hard for them to grasp.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You've had your two cents Turdblossom, now go back to your hole.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Back in my days selling printing I scooped up a pretty penny thanks to Karl, all his work was rush, rush, overnight.  Besides accumulating the down payment for a nice house there were secondary benefits as well.  Turns out being invited to political gatherings comes complete with a few pleasant surprises, not the least of which is an open bar.  Thanks Karl.

Sorry for the side track, now back to Rove bashing . . .

Yeah! Been there, done that, got the tee shirt! 

Karl was good at that as I say! He should have stuck to it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:thumbsup3:

Wingnut

Karl Rove.  Future Sham Wow spokesperson for whiteboard ink removal.  "You getting this camera guy"