Author Topic: Phil Collins hospitalized after fall  (Read 1445 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Phil Collins hospitalized after fall
« on: June 08, 2017, 02:05:52 pm »

CNN
By Lisa Respers France
Updated 8:21 AM ET, Thu June 8, 2017

(CNN)Singer Phil Collins has been hospitalized and postponed his tour after falling and hitting his head, according to a statement on his Facebook page Thursday.

The statement said Collins has trouble walking because of a back operation.
"He rose in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and slipped in his hotel room, hitting his head in the fall on a chair," the statement said.

(more)
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/08/entertainment/phil-collins-fall-tour/index.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline thackney

Re: Phil Collins hospitalized after fall
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 02:19:48 pm »
I like to include this information in threads about Phil Collins.

http://www.thealamo.org/visit/exhibits/collins/index.html

In the summer of 2014, Collins generously donated his priceless collection of Alamo and Texana artifacts to the Texas General Land Office, guardian of the Alamo on behalf of the people of Texas.

Collins built the collection over several decades, purchasing some items and even discovering some others just steps away from the Alamo itself.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/phil-collins-donates-his-expansive-alamo-memorabilia-collection-to-the-general-land-office/

the Texas General Land Office announced that the pop star has agreed to donate his collection, which is thought to be worth tens of millions of dollars, to the state. For free. All of it. That includes hundreds of documents, ranging from a letter Stephen F. Austin wrote from a Mexican prison in January 1834 and Sam Houston’s original 1835 land grant for property in East Texas to the signed receipt for thirty beeves that William Travis brought into the Alamo on the day the siege began, plus artifacts like uniforms and Brown Bess muskets that belonged to Mexican soldiers, a sword belt believed to have been worn by Travis when he died atop the northern wall, and a shot pouch that Crockett is thought to have given a Mexican soldier just before he was executed.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 02:26:24 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 02:29:14 pm »
Say what you want about his music, but Texans owe Collins a dept of gratitude.

I actually am not sure about his politics, but if he is left wing, he at least is pretty quiet about it.   

As a Texan, I also appreciate his efforts to preserve early Texas history.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 07:12:55 pm »

Depends on circumstances of fall, but Collins may be getting ready to ......

Sue Sue Sussudio
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 08:02:02 pm »
He might be wanting money for that memorabilia collection if the hospital tells him he has to stay one more night.  :tongue2:

Thank you, @thackney I had no idea Collins had done something so neat!

Editing to add: Have you ever noticed that the titles of all Phil Collins songs are suitable titles for horror novels?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 08:03:55 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 08:23:38 pm »
It is the craziest thing. We will all go to that great beyond eventually. Such is nature.

But to think that getting up out of bed to take a whiz, would be the end.

What a sly fellow this death chap is.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 08:28:46 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA

This is how I like to think of Phil....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLVqncLfMEA

A Trick of the Tail is probably my favorite album of all-time.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 08:32:19 pm »
Guessing Phil felt an "Invisible Touch" or was in a "Land of Confusion" when he became a "Carpet Crawler".

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 08:39:52 pm »
Guessing Phil felt an "Invisible Touch" or was in a "Land of Confusion" when he became a "Carpet Crawler".

Beats getting eaten by a Giant Hogweed.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...