Author Topic: Swedish national day celebration moved due to Ramadan  (Read 2897 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Swedish national day celebration moved due to Ramadan
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2017, 04:53:25 pm »
War between religions  - or, perhaps more accurately, fascists killing in God's name - is what's getting old.   Fear and the easy bigotry it inspires is what will doom us.   

I won't play my part anymore.   I will fight - but only once I've identified the enemy.

@Jazzhead
You refuse to identify the enemy.   You defend a man who raped and murdered children as a course of his normal day.   

The story hasn't changed in 1400 years.  If you haven't got it by now you are working on their behalf.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2017, 04:55:31 pm »
It's entirely up to you whether to exercise respect toward your fellow man.  if you don't want to associate with others outside your religious tribe, that's your call.   My objection is converting the real threat posed by the sick cult of Islamofascism into a crusade of bigotry against an entire religion. 

Not only is it wrong, but it's existentially foolish.  We can't win a war against a billion and a half people.  We can and must win the war against Islamofascism, but we can do so only if we recruit mainstream Muslims as allies.  You've noticed, have you not, that it is a tactic of ISIS to claim that the West is at war with Islam?   Why not prove them wrong,  rather than confirm by bigotry that ISIS is right?   

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2017, 04:57:03 pm »
It's entirely up to you whether to exercise respect toward your fellow man.  if you don't want to associate with others outside your religious tribe, that's your call.   My objection is converting the real threat posed by the sick cult of Islamofascism into a crusade of bigotry against an entire religion. 

Not only is it wrong, but it's existentially foolish.  We can't win a war against a billion and a half people.  We can and must win the war against Islamofascism, but we can do so only if we recruit mainstream Muslims as allies.  You've noticed, have you not, that it is a tactic of ISIS to claim that the West is at war with Islam?   Why not prove them wrong,  rather than confirm by bigotry that ISIS is right?   

@Jazzhead
I'd like to see you condemn muslims who refuse to assimilate with Americans or Europeans.    Why don't you condemn them for their lack of respect for our culture, our traditions, our religions.

Take a bible to Saudi Arabia and declare it at customs, see what happens.   Walk into Mecca and declare yourself a Christian.  I dare ya.   I'm confident you'll encounter a whole new level of respect.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2017, 05:05:20 pm »
@Jazzhead
I'd like to see you condemn muslims who refuse to assimilate with Americans or Europeans.    Why don't you condemn them for their lack of respect for our culture, our traditions, our religions.

Take a bible to Saudi Arabia and declare it at customs, see what happens.   Walk into Mecca and declare yourself a Christian.  I dare ya.   I'm confident you'll encounter a whole new level of respect.

Sadly there are millions upon millions of Christians who share Jazz' naivety that we can peaceably co-exist with Muslims.  It took 800 years to dislodge Muslims from Europe (Iberia/Spain).  Now they are back with sites on entire continent of through explosive population growth.  It will take a lot longer than 800 years next time.....   Maybe never.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2017, 05:08:29 pm »
@Jazzhead

Most American Muslims do assimilate - just like immigrants before them throughout our history.   I agree that lack of assimilation appears to be a greater problem in Europe.   But one obstacle to assimilation is the perception that the broader culture rejects them.   That's why I speak out against bigotry -  it's dangerous, ultimately, to our own safety and security.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2017, 05:10:52 pm »
Most American Muslims do assimilate - just like immigrants before them throughout our history.   I agree that lack of assimilation appears to be a greater problem in Europe.   But one obstacle to assimilation is the perception that the broader culture rejects them.   That's why I speak out against bigotry -  it's dangerous, ultimately, to our own safety and security.

@Jazzhead
Yes this story is a great example of them assimilating.  Oh wait no, its a story of them forcing others to accommodate their beliefs and customs.

You only speak out against 'bigotry' when whatever you take issue with comes from western or Christian culture.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2017, 05:13:59 pm »
Ramadan is based upon their lunar calendar consisting of 12 months in a year of 354 or 355 days.  Consequentially, the date is always moving around and will eventually coincide with every holiday eventually.
So for awhile December is winter for them, but eventually it becomes summer?

That calendar wasn't much help with crops. Maybe that helps answer why islamic countries tend to be basket case failures, absent oil, human slavery and opium.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2017, 05:15:28 pm »
Sadly there are millions upon millions of Christians who share Jazz' naivety that we can peaceably co-exist with Muslims.  It took 800 years to dislodge Muslims from Europe (Iberia/Spain).  Now they are back with sites on entire continent of through explosive population growth.  It will take a lot longer than 800 years next time.....   Maybe never.

@catfish1957
From what I've read a central tenet to the ISIS and Al Queda ideology is that modernization is their enemy.   Their logic is that Islam was strong in the 7th century so they want to rid the world of modern technologies and practices.  Things like women getting an education.

Their efforts to create the Caliphate will necessarily entail destruction of civilization and a return to the dark ages.

Offline anubias

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2017, 05:24:18 pm »
@Jazzhead

England is being habitually blown up by Muslims in the name of Allah.  Brits run the risk of being knifed by some screaming freak when they walk out the door.  To be honest with you, I'm about sick of people preaching to me that I have to exercise respect for such an ideology.

:amen:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2017, 05:24:52 pm »
Most American Muslims do assimilate - just like immigrants before them throughout our history.

Then they are "Cultural Muslims" at best, who really don't believe in the religion.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2017, 05:26:20 pm »
War between religions  - or, perhaps more accurately, fascists killing in God's name - is what's getting old.   Fear and the easy bigotry it inspires is what will doom us.   

I won't play my part anymore.   I will fight - but only once I've identified the enemy.
Apparently you need some help. The streets of Manchester and London recently flowed with blood,  because of islam. Not because of any other religion. Just one, islam.

The guidebook of mainstream islam instructs followers to convert, tax or kill infidels. The main thrust now days, skips options 1. and 2. and goes to 3. shouting "all ahu Akbar."

It is hardly bigotry to see this clearly, as apparently you either cannot or will not. Sing Kumbaya to muslims, and they laugh at your naiveté. (willful blindness)

Offline flowers

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 05:34:09 pm »
It won't be long and Memorial Day in this country will meet the same fate because of PC and fear of muzzies.
Yep...then after they shut down everything to do with the Confederacy, take away dates like Memorial Day, oh our flag is racist gotta get rid of that. Then they will go after that racist Constitution.

@rangerrebew

Silver Pines

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2017, 05:51:45 pm »
@Jazzhead

It's entirely up to you whether to exercise respect toward your fellow man.

Respect like blowing children to bits at a concert?  Knifing perfect strangers in the street?

if you don't want to associate with others outside your religious tribe, that's your call.

That's a strawman and an attempt at deflection, since nothing I said came close.  Tell me, what's your opinion of screaming freaks who go around blowing up everything they come in contact with, and murdering children because the kids are "outside their religious tribe?"

My objection is converting the real threat posed by the sick cult of Islamofascism into a crusade of bigotry against an entire religion. 

Spoken like someone who's ignorant (deliberately so or otherwise) of Islam's history.  I would suggest you educate yourself on that.  Begin at the beginning.

Yeah, how much "recruiting of mainstream Muslims" are we supposed to do, exactly?  It's been sixteen years since 9-11.  Why are we expected to beg them for help and explain to them why they should see things our way?    That should have already happened long ago, with no "recruiting" necessary.

If moderate Muslims refuse to speak up, they're complicit.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2017, 06:41:47 pm »
You blame all that on Muslims?   I've always been of the view that huffing paint isn't a good idea.
Accusing a member of "huffing paint?"

That is a personal attack. No justification.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2017, 06:42:53 pm »
Accusing a member of "huffing paint?"

That is a personal attack. No justification.

It was an attempt at humor, given the absurdity of the post.  Nevertheless, I'll delete it.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Wingnut

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2017, 08:45:01 pm »
It was an attempt at humor, given the absurdity of the post.  Nevertheless, I'll delete it.

Don't.  I've been on you like ugly on a Baldwin brother.   Lets not set a precedent by going back and deleting posts.  ;)

Start doing that and the Lazy Mods will have even less to do....
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 08:46:08 pm by Wingnut »

Offline thackney

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2017, 01:48:48 pm »
So for awhile December is winter for them, but eventually it becomes summer?

That calendar wasn't much help with crops. Maybe that helps answer why islamic countries tend to be basket case failures, absent oil, human slavery and opium.

That calendar isn't used for crop planting.  And honestly, where that calendar developed, most are closer to the equator with much less of a winter.

When I lived in Yemen, it was common for them to plant seed in the ground and wait for rain.  Once it rained, they would maintain the crop with irrigation.  The would let the seed set in the ground for a month or two if it never rained.  While different times of the year typically provide more rain, it never drops to near freezing and crops can be grown year round, if there is enough water.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer