Author Topic: A Liberal’s Perspective: Evergreen College And The Fascism Of The Illiberal Left  (Read 368 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Matt Teitelbaum, former President at College Democrats of Maryland
The Huffington Post
June 5, 2017

At Evergreen State College in Washington, the dangerous authoritarian streak of college-aged, left-wing extremists is being exposed in disturbing detail. In recent weeks, social justice activists demanded that white students refrain from attending class or being present on campus on a predetermined day, in order to appropriately, from their perspective, observe the traditional “Day of Absence.” ...

These so called “activists” are not interested in dialogue — one of them said exactly that in a video of their confrontation. They are only interested in their political agenda being enacted at all costs, without any negotiation with dissenters. To me, that mentality is inherently illiberal and undemocratic. It is close enough to fascism to warrant use of the label “fascist” at this point...

I am no conservative. I am the former president of the College Democrats of Maryland. However, this insanity is unrepresentative of true liberalism. Liberals who don’t call out these illiberal fascists are complicit in their growing influence and impunity...
Full article

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
It's going to be quite a trick to un-redefine fascism.

Especially after they've worked so hard to bastardize the term.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I think the SJWF's finally jumped the shark with the Evergreen college antics.
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

Can't argue with that mans logic.