Author Topic: Rush: We Must Remember D-Day  (Read 587 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: We Must Remember D-Day
« on: June 06, 2017, 06:50:52 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/06/06/we-must-remember-d-day/

We Must Remember D-Day

Jun 6, 2017

RUSH: Folks, this is a major anniversary here, and we have got to recognize this. This is D-Day. June 6th, on this day, a bunch of Americans and Brits stormed the northern beaches of France and saved the world, and they were a bunch of young men and kids. And I haven’t seen one — there may have been — but I haven’t seen one notification of it in the Drive-By Media today.

Granted, it’s a long time ago, it’s in the 1940s, and, granted, it’s warfare that we hopefully will not conduct in a similar fashion ever again, but it is crucially important. And that act, the storming of the Normandy beaches, coupled with the Battle of the Bulge, ending the spread of Nazism throughout Europe, saved the world and it saved the world for freedom.

And it was the United States that did it. And it was a bunch of 19- and 20- and 21-year-old people who did it. There are cemeteries all over France, all over Italy, all over Europe that hold the bodies of American and international heroes who died in that effort. And it’s such a different time. I don’t even know in American educational history classes how much of D-Day, World War II, all of that is taught versus how much of it is just ignored or looked back on with mockery or insincerity or what have you.

But it was one of the most crucially important events in all of human history in terms of the preservation of freedom and liberty and the notion of democracy and things associated with it. And I would be remiss if I did not make mention of this today.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: It was June 6th, 1944, 73 years ago, Allied forces, mainly Americans and Brits and mostly young kids landed in Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, and the entire Normandy sector of France to save the free world. And I wonder, if something like that was necessary today, could we do it. We had a caller last week who said that the problem with Millennials is they don’t see evil in the world. I objected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEIqdcHbc8I

They clearly do see evil. They just don’t see the evil you and I see. The evil they see is us. The evil that many Millennials see is Republicans, white people.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

Re: Rush: We Must Remember D-Day
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 06:55:55 pm »
Mega Dittos.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Rush: We Must Remember D-Day
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 07:36:30 pm »