Author Topic: NASA's Plan to Fill the Sky With Red and Green Clouds Has Been Postponed  (Read 2722 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
To the relief of chemtrail conspiracy theorists, NASA’s plan to create red and blue-green colored artificial clouds was postponed on Sunday morning. The clouds were expected to be visible for much of the East Coast and surely would have left many scratching their heads.

It’s not the first time this experiment has been delayed, but it marks the end of the launch window which ran from May 31st through June 6th. Weather forecasts show that the conditions won’t be right in the next two days and the tentative date for launch is now June 11th.

The experiment requires specific weather conditions. On the day of launch, a two-stage Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket will carry ten canisters that will be deployed about five minutes after liftoff. The canisters will then create vividly colored artificial clouds aka vapor tracers. NASA scientists will then visually track the subsequent particle motions to gain further understanding of the ionosphere. The space agency has ground cameras at the Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia and in Duck, North Carolina. The sky must be clear at one of those locations for researchers to be able to gather data properly. Unfortunately, clouds interfered with the tests this morning, causing the postponement of the launch.

More: http://gizmodo.com/nasas-plan-to-fill-the-sky-with-red-and-green-clouds-ha-1795801189
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They used to do these launches out of Wallops Island. I recall seeing similar ones as a kid.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Look Mommy!  A "cat" in the sky....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

They used to do these launches out of Wallops Island. I recall seeing similar ones as a kid.

This was supposed to be launched from Wallops.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

Look Mommy!  A "cat" in the sky....
Saw where that game was going did you?  888high58888

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

I remember seeing sodium clouds over west Texas as a kid from launches at White Sands.

Offline Smokin Joe

I remember seeing sodium clouds over west Texas as a kid from launches at White Sands.
It has been a long time since I went out on the pier and watched the clouds from those launches, but I recall red and green. Our Scoutmaster was involved in that somewhere along the line, so we usually knew when one was going to happen (that, and if it had to do with space and rockets, we were on it.)

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

It has been a long time since I went out on the pier and watched the clouds from those launches, but I recall red and green. Our Scoutmaster was involved in that somewhere along the line, so we usually knew when one was going to happen (that, and if it had to do with space and rockets, we were on it.)

Are the clouds highly visible?  Relatively opaque?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Of course it has been postponed. It's not the right season yet.

We need Orange clouds for Halloween, and the Red Green clouds for Christmas.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

Offline Smokin Joe

Are the clouds highly visible?  Relatively opaque?
If I had to liken them to anything, it would be like a patch of fairly strong aurora borealis, depending on how far you are away, how humid the air at low levels (haze), and how fast the wind disperses it.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

If I had to liken them to anything, it would be like a patch of fairly strong aurora borealis, depending on how far you are away, how humid the air at low levels (haze), and how fast the wind disperses it.

Thanks.  Good description.

I'll be in Baltimore for a conference, so I guess I'll be too far away with the reschedule. Shoot.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:29:42 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline Smokin Joe

Thanks.  Good description.

I'll be in Baltimore for a conference, so I guess I'll be too far away with the reschedule. Shoot.
Maybe not. Look to the South southeast  (150 to 180 magnetic, if you have a compass) and you might see it, if it is at the same altitude, etc. they did them when I was a kid living in Southern MD. It might be smaller and more faint, but if you have a clear view to the south and the sky is clear, you might be able to see ti.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:58:33 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

Maybe not. Look to the South southeast  (150 to 180 magnetic, if you have a compass) and you might see it, if it is at the same altitude, etc. they did them when I was a kid living in Southern MD. It might be smaller and more faint, but if you have a clear view to the south and the sky is clear, you might be able to see ti.

Thanks, @Smokin Joe ...  looks like the launch is supposed to be about 45 min to an hour from now (June 11, 9:04 to 9:19 pm EDT), and is supposed to be on the Wallops ustream site, but it's not there.  hmmm...  well, I'll go out and see what I can see.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/wallops/2017/nasa-sounding-rocket-will-release-early-morning-artificial-clouds0lighting-up-the-mid-atlantic-coast-may-31
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

Yet another scrub.  5th attempt.

Boats entered the area.  Winds and haze, too.
+++++++++

Offline Smokin Joe

Yet another scrub.  5th attempt.

Boats entered the area.  Winds and haze, too.
Well, rats. Maybe next time.

C S Lewis