Author Topic: ESPN is bringing back Hank Williams Jr six years after he compared Obama to Hitler [woohoo!]  (Read 1243 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

by Circa News
June 5, 2017

ESPN is set to bring country rocker Hank Williams Jr. back to "Monday Night Football" after his song was cut from the show six years ago for comparing then-President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler.

The new version of Williams' song, "All My Rowdy Friends Are Here on Monday Night," will debut Sept. 11. The original had been on broadcasts since 1989.

The song was a reworked version of Williams' "All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight," released in October 1984 as the second single from the album "Major Moves."

"I never said, ‘Are you ready for some football’ on stage one time the last five or six years, but I will now,” said the country singer. “I’m feeling at home and it’s a real good thing.”

(more at link)
http://circa.com/circa-now/happening/espn-is-bringing-hank-williams-jr-back-six-years-after-he-compared-obama-to-hitler
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

A day late, and a dollar short.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
A man's gotta eat I suppose...but going back to the hand that smacked you?   :shrug:

No matter, I'll probably never hear one note of this as the NFL and especially ESPN are on my "do not watch" list.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Wingnut

I cut the cable.  No ESPN for me.

Offline goatprairie

I think it was terrible that Williams compared Obama to Hitler.  To me he was more like Stalin. :peeonobama:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
for comparing then-President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler.
That is a total lie.

He did not compare Obama to Hitler. He compared a meeting between Obama and someone else to a meeting between Netanyahu and Hitler—in other words, two people with diametrically opposite agendas, for whom any meeting would accomplish nothing. There was no personal comparison involved. It is grossly dishonest to claim such.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

I think it was terrible that Williams compared Obama to Hitler.  To me he was more like Stalin. :peeonobama:

Offline Millee

Hank should have told them to get bent.

Offline kevindavis007

ESPN must be in real deep s**t if they are bringing back Hank. To be honest, I just want the standard intro.. None of this signing crap.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/