Author Topic: We must defund Planned Parenthood, but let’s see the reality of the situation first  (Read 1108 times)

Online corbe

We must defund Planned Parenthood, but let’s see the reality of the situation first
Written by JD Rucker
June 2, 2017

I am pro-life. There are two very clear cases that can be made. Politically, our understanding of modern science combined with the tenets of both the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence make it easy to see for anyone not indoctrinated to believe that it’s just a clump of “potential” life in the womb. Culturally, our Judeo-Christian values based upon the teachings of the Bible leave no doubt. Defunding Planned Parenthood has nothing to do with either of these arguments.

This will be hard for many to read, but it’s important to be clear about something. Defunding Planned Parenthood will most likely NOT save lives. In fact, it will strengthen the organization. To understand this, we have to look at the situation with clarity.

When we’re able to defund Planned Parenthood, they will not see a single penny less. They will see more money. Why? Because they will use their defunding to build the most powerful liberal fundraising apparatus the nation has ever seen. They will raise more liberal dollars than anyone other than the Democratic nominee for President. Defunding them will give them more money and power than they have today.

This is indisputable by anyone who knows how these things work.

If this is the case, why must we defund them? Wouldn’t it make more sense to not empower them through defunding? No. We must look at the two important elements from a moral perspective and one important element from a strategic perspective.

<..snip..>

http://soshable.com/we-must-defund-planned-parenthood-but-lets-see-the-reality-of-the-situation-first/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

I would rather the government, using *my* money, not fund PP.  If liberals want to give money to them, so be it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I would rather the government, using *my* money, not fund PP.  If liberals want to give money to them, so be it.

Planned Parenthood is largely just a conduit for funneling money out of the public treasury into the pockets of leftist politicians!  The sooner we realize that the better!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I remember when Laura Ingram used to use the term "but monkeys" for the rationalizers like this.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
We must defund Planned Parenthood, but let’s see the reality of the situation first
Written by JD Rucker
June 2, 2017

When we’re able to defund Planned Parenthood, they will not see a single penny less. They will see more money. Why? Because they will use their defunding to build the most powerful liberal fundraising apparatus the nation has ever seen. They will raise more liberal dollars than anyone other than the Democratic nominee for President. Defunding them will give them more money and power than they have today.

http://soshable.com/we-must-defund-planned-parenthood-but-lets-see-the-reality-of-the-situation-first/

Good let them funnel their own money, that is how conservatives like me think it should be done. It is their money right... Money liberals gives is fluid, if they are giving it here, it is being lessened elsewhere. They want their PP, then they fund it and other liberal causes can deal with the redistribution problems.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Good let them funnel their own money, that is how conservatives like me think it should be done. It is their money right... Money liberals gives is fluid, if they are giving it here, it is being lessened elsewhere. They want their PP, then they fund it and other liberal causes can deal with the redistribution problems.
Libs won't do that.  It is not in their plans to use their own money to fund their pet projects.  They only use public money.

Case in point:  Cancellation of Paris agreement.  Many of the Hollywood elites, and wealthy people like Kerry, Schwarzenegger, McCain,  Obama, Romney are decrying the US pullout.  Why?  Because the US is the biggest funder in the accord.

Why don't these people begin a fund that can help Climate Change instead?  If the world is going to hell, they should want to contribute their entire wealth to save it and themselves.

They won't, they just want to use other people's money for their 'causes'.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

One a$$hole has @IsailedawayfromFR

Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg will make the US's $15 million Paris climate deal payment to UN

Posted: Jun 03 2017 05:05PM CDT
Updated: Jun 03 2017 05:05PM CDT

NEW YORK CITY (Fox 32 News) - Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg says his personal charity will pay the $15 million dollars that the United States would have sent to the United Nations as part of the Paris climate agreement.

Bloomberg's pledge aims to fill a significant funding gap that comes as a result of President Trump's announced withdrawal from the Paris agreement.

<..snip..>

http://www.fox32chicago.com/politics/258708037-story

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg will make the US's $15 million Paris climate deal payment to UN

NEW YORK CITY (Fox 32 News) - Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg says his personal charity will pay the $15 million dollars that the United States would have sent to the United Nations as part of the Paris climate agreement.

Bloomberg's pledge aims to fill a significant funding gap that comes as a result of President Trump's announced withdrawal from the Paris agreement.

<..snip..>

My mother always said "a fool and his money will soon be parted".  I think she was right
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

<..snip..>

Outstanding.

Now he needs to get the rest of the wealthy true-believers like DeCaprio to chip in.

$15mm here, $15mm there, and at some point it might be some serious money.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goodwithagun

<..snip..>

He better not get a God damned tax break for it  **nononono*
I stand with Roosgirl.

Oceander

It says his personal charity is paying for it, so yeah, he gets a tax break at some point.   

It's his charity.  Of course he does.

How do you think Sierra Club gets funded?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Outstanding.

Now he needs to get the rest of the wealthy true-believers like DeCaprio to chip in.

$15mm here, $15mm there, and at some point it might be some serious money.

And it can't be just a 1 time thing. They need to give the money annually.

And it can't be just a 1 time thing. They need to give the money annually.
Why not go all-in and make it mandatory as a tax?